Chelsea line-up.

Kompressor

How would people set up and line up against Chelsea.

Issues to contend with,

Chelsea's "injury problems" in the forward positions,

The effectiveness of Matic

The form of Cesc

Ivanovic's effectiveness when breaking forward.

Rvp's form or lack of,

No Rooney,

Falcao possibly being unavailable,

Defence being a little shaky,

The notion that a partnership of RVP and Mata lacks a bit of pace.

Mata vs Matic might Also be Miss match.

A lack of solid with in the diamond might give the Chelsea fullback more liscence to get forward, putting even more pressure on a wobbly defence.

I'd go

De Gea

Rafael Jones, Rojo, Shaw,

Herrera Blind Fellani, the job of putting pressure on Matic, in a similar way Park did on Pirlo a few years back. Something in my head was leading me to say put Jones in there but hopefully those days are gone.

I'd play Di Maria and Young wide slightly advanced,

Di Maria has the workrate and abilty to occupy the opposing fullback and offer support to ours, this will also give us more bite on the counter.

If Young's workrate and application is the same as early season and pre-season he could give Chelsea and issue too. Valencia could be in for Young if he's not for enough to start,

Falcao if fit up from on his own.

Mata, Junuzaj, RVP, Carrick Valencia Smalling and a keeper. isn't a bench devoid of options either.

In possession I'd like Fellani to get forward to give Falcao support and create a different issue for them, but not sure about his ability or mobility to do both jobs.

A good defensive performance today could spark the season off. A early goal then another later on on the break. Can't see Chelsea not scoring so at least two goals are needed. Wouldn't mind seeing the pace of Wilson added at some point too.

Thoughts and opinions,

• Upvote 1