"History is written by the victors " - W. Churchill

Admin.

Was reading up a bit about Crimea situation as it stands today and decided to dig deeper and ended up at British colonialism, so re routed my reading and ended up at the 1st and 2nd world war...

Its absolutely mental that every major war know to man in the last 200 years was started/funded either directly or indirectly by Britain and more precisely queen Elizabeth the 1 400 years ago.

Virgin bitches thirst for world domination still lives today

Nah I knew I always point it out in the Syria/Palestine/Ukraine topics

I got carried away and didn't get to make the actual point to the thread I intended to in that nearly everything we were taught as kids that they teach now is a lie and a revisionist version of the truth.... Including ww2 which no one seems to question unlike other wars where there are a large number of theorists.

Rule Britannia.

Was reading about the opium war the other day where 20,000 British Military Defeated 200,000 Chinese so they could continue to smuggle opium into the country.

britain is forever in debt can never return to what it was 

lost in its own game and took the world down with it

all it is now is one of the big crabs in the bucket 

Don't agree with issues that happened with the Empire but I certainly could never 'hate' it. People act like the world was some peaceful place and then the big bad British came along and ruined it. Was a warzone back then, if we didn't rule we would of been ruled, just like when the Romans came. Thank fuck the ancestors were good at what they did and built the country we live in now, but curse the day the public allowed these treacherous money guys to sit in Government and give it all away.

Don't agree with issues that happened with the Empire but I certainly could never 'hate' it. People act like the world was some peaceful place and then the big bad British came along and ruined it. Was a warzone back then, if we didn't rule we would of been ruled, just like when the Romans came. Thank f*ck the ancestors were good at what they did and built the country we live in now, but curse the day the public allowed these treacherous money guys to sit in Government and give it all away.

Yeah you're right. The British Empire did some terrible things, but it also did some good things. Same with every empire, on balance the British Empire was probably more humane than others. In those days you were either part of an empire or you had an empire.  

For example I am sure that if the British did not colonise Nigeria, the whole of Nigeria would be under the control of the Sokoto Caliphate - The british stopped their advance, and that is why only the some of Yorubaland in muslim

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Was reading up a bit about Crimea situation as it stands today and decided to dig deeper and ended up at British colonialism, so re routed my reading and ended up at the 1st and 2nd world war...

Its absolutely mental that every major war know to man in the last 200 years was started/funded either directly or indirectly by Britain and more precisely queen Elizabeth the 1 400 years ago.

Virgin bitches thirst for world domination still lives today

As I read your post last night I was part-way through a documentary about WWII. I've followed the same thread of study today.

Just watched this. Old man at the end finishes with a deep quote:

"War has its own rules."

Top comment for me in the comments section:

"These people speak wisdom! And from the deepest parts of my hearts I really wish they won WWII. So my country Syria would be better now, Iraq, and all the ME would be more stable with no Al-Qauda or ISIS, with NO Israel! And it would be better for the people in Europe too, they would have retain a greater sense of morality and a better judgement with it comes to traditions and commen sense. "

It's kinda interesting what the guy posits. I'm not sanctioning Nazism by any means.

History isn't only written by the victors. History can be written by the brave/zealous.

A state/group just need a strong enough national myth (Nazis, Romans, British etc,) spiritual/political cause or a perceived threat and people will fight. Victory is temporary (nobody wins forever), which is why various groups will always rise up to challenge the status quo at various points in history.

History is written by the SURVIVORS.

I think many groups have proved this. The Mongols, the Nazis, the Bolsheviks, the IRA, the various Islamic terrorist/insurgent groups, the Black Panthers, etc.

This is one of my favourite scenes from the film, if you've read the book you know already. Catch 22 >>

• Downvote 1