Open Mic (grime episode) tonight channel 4 @ 12am

kerser

Brand new Channel 4 'Open Mic' documentary premieres on Wednesday 5th November at 12

New series. The return of the documentary profiling the `glory days' of the UK's best underground music scenes over the past 25 years. The first episode focuses on the innovative, controversial, home-grown grime genre, with contributions from Dizzee Rascal, Kano, Footsie, D Double E, JME and many more

Trailer: http://instagram.com/p/u6PvhcHIj6/

• Upvote 1

Brand new Channel 4 'Open Mic' documentary premieres on Wednesday 5th November at 12

New series. The return of the documentary profiling the `glory days' of the UK's best underground music scenes over the past 25 years. The first episode focuses on the innovative, controversial, home-grown grime genre, with contributions from Dizzee Rascal, Kano, Footsie, D Double E, JME and many more

Trailer: http://instagram.com/p/u6PvhcHIj6/

heard this is sick. Someone i know seen it already and said its definitely worth the watch

Good shout

Like looking at he history of uk music

Enjoyed that, made me wanna watch rsky roads and practice hours again. They on youtube?

Gonna have to dig out my dvds

One thing tho is that last week I made a topic about history being rewritten by those who won...

If I was a teenager now lol I'd think grime was

Rinse FM

Wiley

Dizzee

Logan sama

Jammer

BBK

Kano/ghets/devlin

D double and footsie

Lord of the mics

Bullshit

There needs to be a grime untold story with:

Deja vu FM and how it had a bigger reach and more mcs/crews than rinse, how they shutdown grime of the station and made

Raw mission FM that had every crew in London but was never on the air which led to the rise of internet radio and

Axe FM for those in north and

Manic FM for those in north west that were no longer able to use

Freeze FM which made guys like rolldeep big in a part of London rinse didn't reach and also flirta d and

Special delivery and there beef with slk who had beef with arguably the best crew in grime

Nasty crew and how nasty prob made the most guys out today

Also the birth of youngers

There's never any south crews or MCs like roadside, eassentials, ndouble a and how most south rappers now started on grime

Only north crew ever is bbk but no mention of meridian and big h nothing ever off heat FM no cold blooded no black the ripper etc...

No mention of how grime blew up outside London and in London via MSN/DC++/rwd forums nothing about outside London producers having big time influences nothing of producers like dexplicit, statik etc...

Nothing about road trips outside London to Swindon etc... Just to hear grime in a rave

Nothing about how serious the beefs were and Wiley getting stabbed in a rave by tu tuff crew, crazy t going pen

Absolutely nothing on guys from west like purple and that

Nothing on commander b who blew up grime on choice before Logan we even on rinse or was on rinse playing Todd edwards

Nothing in how from like 2002-2005 every londoner aged 14-21 was in a crew and MCD, djed or produced and how a lot of promising and popular ones are now in and out of jail but some went uni etc and have a normal life now.... Always roll out the same fucking 20 guys for these grime tings

There's loads more things that get overlooked and ignored... Boring

Don't wanna see anything else on grime unless it has what I listed all that shit was grime to me and its no longer here

• Upvote 8

Used to run that ukg hub off my 128k connection :lol: must of killed my electricity bill

Dc++ >>>

One of these looking at the bassline scene is on tomorrow.

What Ice said is true, but equally, that was the pinnacle of grime summarised in half an hour. 

You're more than welcome to make that documentary bro, the world is free.