Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young Bape

Soho brothals shut down by police (new flats, shops to replace them)

22 posts in this topic

Happened quite a while ago but just came across this article

'

Soho is the heart of Britain’s sex industry with an abundance of shops, erotic bookstores and – of course – brothels.

But many of the flats where prostitutes work were shut down in recent raids, leaving many suggesting the area will become sanitised of all its character.

“They want to gentrify the area. Sell it off to the highest bidder,” one sex worker told me.

The blonde, who would only give her name as Cassie, said: “The authorities are treating us like second class citizens. We are not worth anything to them."

Raids by the Metropolitan Police were criticised for unfairly targeting those working in the area.

Cassie adds: “Police said they were there to stop human trafficking and that some of us were being forced to work there but that isn’t true.

“They wouldn’t take the girls' word for it and paraded them in the street in their underwear – they wouldn’t let them get dressed. How is that human?

“We use maids to keep us safe. They screen clients and are there when things go wrong. They are not pimps."

'We are not forced to sell sex, we want to' – hookers' fury after Soho brothel raids

SEX is why people go to Soho – even if they don’t know it.

Facebook

By Jaymi McCann / Published 28th April 2014

535e6af4d4a28_sex_shop.jpgSEX INDUSTRY: Working girls in Soho say they are being unfairly targeted [GETTY]

The millions of revellers who descend on the central London area every year might think they are going for a cocktail but what really drives them to the UK’s centre of sex is the sleaze, excitement and colour of the red light district.

Soho is the heart of Britain’s sex industry with an abundance of shops, erotic bookstores and – of course – brothels.

But many of the flats where prostitutes work were shut down in recent raids, leaving many suggesting the area will become sanitised of all its character.

“They want to gentrify the area. Sell it off to the highest bidder,” one sex worker told me.

The blonde, who would only give her name as Cassie, said: “The authorities are treating us like second class citizens. We are not worth anything to them."

Raids by the Metropolitan Police were criticised for unfairly targeting those working in the area.

Cassie adds: “Police said they were there to stop human trafficking and that some of us were being forced to work there but that isn’t true.

“They wouldn’t take the girls' word for it and paraded them in the street in their underwear – they wouldn’t let them get dressed. How is that human?

“We use maids to keep us safe. They screen clients and are there when things go wrong. They are not pimps."

101172.jpgSEXY SOHO: Soho is the UK's centre of sex with erotic shops, bookstores and brothels [GETTY]

Some 18 brothels were closed in the raids that were the result of more than a year of investigations.

Selling sex is not an offence but brothels can be shut down if police prove the girls are being controlled.

It was claimed the maids were evidence that workers were forced to do certain shifts or see a set number of clients – but the girls insist the system was only for safety.

Girls who were there on the night of the raids have since complained that they were forced to stand outside in their underwear, that journalists and photographers were called and that some officers threatened to tell their parents or children about their profession.

Some immigrant workers were taken to a “safe place” despite insisting that they were not being forced to work.

More than 40 people were charged with a variety of offences but no girls were found to have been trafficked.

“We were not being coerced,” insists Cassie. “I had sex for money by choice. That is not illegal. There is CCTV in Soho. Now we are being forced to work in places that aren't as safe, where we are more likely to be attacked.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/376429/We-are-not-forced-to-sell-sex-we-want-to-Workers-speak-out-after-brothel-raids

This sounds shady because they said they did an 18th month under cover operation and suspected 'trafficking' 'rape' was incolved and the bitches were 'forced' into doing what they do. But no 1 was arrested for any of these things and the women them self said they aren't being forced into anything. Plus they allowed journalists to take pics wen they raided the brothals

article is dated april i was there much more recent, them hoes are still deya dont threat lads but get your nut while you can gentrification is no myth

should get rid of the trannies and puffs while theyre at it

article is dated april i was there much more recent, them hoes are still deya dont threat lads but get your nut while you can gentrification is no myth

Was in them sides 2 days ago only noticed like three of them walk ups left back in the day wen u go to where that lil market is there used to be bare

Muslims first

What's the rates sayin now

Did you do a quick 15 or 1/2 hour?

I did a 20 for 10 mins ting for 1/2 an hour prob looking around 35 quid

Muslims first

didnt realise there was a big muslim problem in soho

:lmao:

do you have a problem with drawing gyal on road?

Muslims first

That's fuked up what do u have against Muslims? i'm not Muslim but most if not all i've come across are decent people

no I think its alright as long as dons come correct and keep it respectful

Muslims first

didnt realise there was a big muslim problem in soho

Straight ether

no I think its alright as long as dons come correct and keep it respectful

You sure your not ugly gg

Muslims first

joows second

They deffo cleaned the area up in general back in the day u would see bare shottaz from all diff boroughs in Soho they were bait people would actually go there to bill a line but u don't see them kinda guys there now

Same for pretty muxh all ends feds been doing a lot of clensing, good job.

Truss got more prestige slags down Fulham Broadway har diha dihe

"Moving on up"