• KRS-One
    • Rakim
    • Kool G Rap
    • Big Pun
    • AZ
    • Snoop Dogg
    • Ice Cube
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

I don't think a lotta the names in the poll are GOAT candidates but objectivley speaking they the 1s that get mentioned atleast online as that. Not my list of GOAT but those who typically online are debated as that

eminem was the first name that came to mind tbh

on that list em snoop and 50

Man put scarface

How can you put brad jordan up there? Only guy in that list with a flawless discography

+ i doubt anyone bumps KRS ONE on this forum

Guy is terrible and overrated

Man put scarface

How can you put brad jordan up there? Only guy in that list with a flawless discography

was thinking this stil, ice cube as well, them 3 that have been mentioned r easy selections

Man put scarface

was thinking this stil, ice cube as well, them 3 that have been mentioned r easy selections

trust worst has to be between em,snoop and 50 with jay to a lesser extent

Cube,BIG and face(nas can be counted cos he has over a 70% success rate) have the best catalogues imo

scarface, AZ and kool g rap for me

Man put scarface

That is subjective. Not every rap listeners thinks this do they? even some of his fans would have different view on this. HEnce why thread was made to discuss because it all really is subjective

GROTD is a certi classic and the massacre is a classic for me

Eminem is easily the worst here. As I think goli said in another topic, slim shady was juvenile. Heard it the other day and it was cringe worthy to say the least. Marshall Mathers was decent but ain't stood the test of time at all.

C/s the ice cube love. His last album was weak but that can be forgiven his age. Although the one prior to that 'raw footage' got a lot of plays.

OK since Em has been mentioned by Infamous/Jack. The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show are considered classic albums by most people. Alot consider all 3 of them classic. Relapse and Encore are the only 2 albums he has  considered weak. Recovery and MMLP 2 by most people are considered great/good albums

So outta 7 albums where there is many who consider the first 3 classic. Consider 2 albums in his discography weak and the other 2 good that sounds like a top discography bar 2 albums. Just because u feel The SSLP is 'juvenille' doesn't take away from it's legacy/impact lol

I don't know

There aren't many guys who are mainstream who have really really strong discographies in terms of consistency imo, most have one or two classics, and then average-bad albums

Nas & Jay are good examples, both of them have whole albums which are pretty much unlistenable, or near enough.

Eminem went through that phase where he decided to rap in a really wierd accent, like the guy from the meerkat adverts, he did like...a whole album or two like that, it was awful.

LAAAAAAMMMEEEE

edit: that was directed at young bape and his "most people"s

OK since Em has been mentioned by Infamous/Jack. The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show are considered classic albums by most people. Alot consider all 3 of them classic. Relapse and Encore are the only 2 albums he has  considered weak. Recovery and MMLP 2 by most people are considered great/good albums

So outta 7 albums where there is many who consider the first 3 classic. Consider 2 albums in his discography weak and the other 2 good that sounds like a top discography bar 2 albums. Just because u feel The SSLP is 'juvenille' doesn't take away from it's legacy/impact lol

Most of those people are whites supporting their great white hope and ain't proper hip hop fans

Yeah Relapse that was wack he said that album is wack, most his fans think that album is wack

eminem aint even a GOAT in all honesty

Eminem hasn't made a good album in 11 years. Deal with it.

Man put scarface

That is subjective. Not every rap listeners thinks this do they? even some of his fans would have different view on this. HEnce why thread was made to discuss because it all really is subjective
you said in one of ur eminem threads that if u didnt like eminems lyrical dexterity u didnt know or appreciate real hiphop. I laughed at that post and yet u have the nerve to draw me up on Face's consistency. Gtfo bruh. U obviously havent listened to scarface cos u wouldnt even try say its a debate. Its a FACT scarface has one of the strongest catalogues in hiphop

Eminem went through that phase where he decided to rap in a really wierd accent, like the guy from the meerkat adverts, he did like...a whole album or two like that, it was awful.

lmao that accent was so childish

Why was he rapping with some German voice tho?

So cheesy

Why was he rapping with some German voice tho?

So cheesy

male nicki minaj

Man put scarface

you said in one of ur eminem threads that if u didnt like eminems lyrical dexterity u didnt know or appreciate real hiphop. I laughed at that post and yet u have the nerve to draw me up on Face's consistency. Gtfo bruh. U obviously havent listened to scarface cos u wouldnt even try say its a debate. Its a FACT scarface has one of the strongest catalogues in hiphop

I never said that i think that aspect of rap is overrated what i said was if u don't appreciate the message in his lyrics, the emotion and how that message is delivered e.g. a balance of message but delivered in a fairly good technical way. Scarface is the same he has message like Em but delivered in a way that isn't super basic

U seem to hold a song like My Name Is againist him because it is comedy. But u act like a song such as Mockingbird where he pours his pain out about his love for his daughter on a beat doesn't exist. But u praise Nas for having a similar type song, Scarface, Jeezy etc

U like Nas alot so what is the diffence between Mockingbird and Daughters? Scarface has numerous songs about depression this is a guy that suffered from bi polar and was honest about that struggle. Yet wen Em makes songs about the same subject u label it 'emo' yet it's not emo wen your fave rappers happen to make a song about the same subject emo just means emotional. I Appreciate both Face and Em