Police Shoot Dead 12-Year-Old Holding Fake Gun

Heero Yuy

Which is why this whole situation is f*cked. If this kid was pointing it at people he obviously knew and appreciated the reaction he would get from people.

Was he still acting like an ass when the cops arrived and thought they wouldn't fire at him?

Tbh that BB gun looks real enough especially at a distance that I wouldn't be taking that chance either.

But did they even take into account what the 911 caller had specifically stated numerous times?

He's 12 years old, he has police aiming a real gun at him telling him to put his hands up or we'll shoot. Maybe he panicked and tried to remove the gun to show them it's not real. I mean at such a young age you can't always fathom the gravity of such situations and also what the wrong action may result in. 

The approach of dealing with a 12 year old seemed no different to dealing with an adult imo. 

I agree with you, but like I said in an earlier post for most US police in those situations it's all about them or you. Which is what makes it even more scarier, if that's their mindset when getting into potential deadly firearm situations. tbh I'm actually surprised they 'only' shot him twice.

Which is why this whole situation is f*cked. If this kid was pointing it at people he obviously knew and appreciated the reaction he would get from people.

Was he still acting like an ass when the cops arrived and thought they wouldn't fire at him?

Tbh that BB gun looks real enough especially at a distance that I wouldn't be taking that chance either.

But did they even take into account what the 911 caller had specifically stated numerous times?

He's 12 years old, he has police aiming a real gun at him telling him to put his hands up or we'll shoot. Maybe he panicked and tried to remove the gun to show them it's not real. I mean at such a young age you can't always fathom the gravity of such situations and also what the wrong action may result in. 

The approach of dealing with a 12 year old seemed no different to dealing with an adult imo. 

I agree with you, but like I said in an earlier post for most US police in those situations it's all about them or you. Which is what makes it even more scarier, if that's their mindset when getting into potential deadly firearm situations. tbh I'm actually surprised they 'only' shot him twice.

I agree, but it's shit as such a notion cannot be ruled for every single situation where a firearm is involved.

There are plenty of unjustifiable police killings you can talk about if you care to refer to google

From the limited information we have to hand this is not one of them this kid was 12 not 2

Police tell you "put your hands in the air, or we will shoot".

f*ck are you doing anything BUT putting your hands in the air for?

Fixed.

Reaching down to show the guy it wasn't real? He's a kid, you're applying your adult mindset to a child's experience.

Bruv have you ever had armed feds roll on you? You speak like you know the runnings. Were you this aware of the consequences of your action as a kid?

Why did he shoot to kill?

Because it's real life, not a movie
Piss off

Do you know what the training is?

Do you know what the policy is in this situation

You could have responded like heero?

Furthermore your answer implies that it is always right to shoot to kill irl

There are plenty of unjustifiable police killings you can talk about if you care to refer to google

From the limited information we have to hand this is not one of them this kid was 12 not 2

Police tell you "put your hands n the air, or we will shoot".

Fixed.

Reaching down to show the guy it wasn't real? He's a kid, you're applying your adult mindset to a child's experience.

Bruv have you ever had armed feds roll on you? You speak like you know the runnings. Were you this aware of the consequences of your action as a kid?

I was 12 once

And I know when I was 12 I knew what I was doing and I knew I wanted no part of my mum chatting shit to me on account of me not acting correct

• Downvote 1

Piss off

Hahaha. My answer implies nothing

Officers aren't Neo, or the Terminator, a guy with a 9mm isn't going to be able to fire off a shot in a split second and hit a guys leg or arm (which is still very likely to kill if it hits an artery), they aim for the centre-mass, the place where they are guaranteed 

A.) to hit the target

B.) Stopping power

You can't be pulling a gun on someone in order to wound them, once guns are drawn, someone is very likely going to die once shots are fired

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Piss off

Officers aren't Neo, or the Terminator, a guy with a 9mm isn't going to be able to fire off a shot in a split second and hit a guys leg or arm (which is still very likely to kill if it hits an artery), they aim for the centre-mass, the place where they are guaranteed 

A.) to hit the target

B.) Stopping power

You can't be pulling a gun on someone in order to wound them, once guns are drawn, someone is very likely going to die once shots are fired

:lmao:

Police tell you "put your hands n the air, or we will shoot".

Fixed.

I was 12 once

And I know when I was 12 I knew what I was doing and I knew I wanted no part of my mum chatting sh*t to me on account of me not acting correct

So you always followed your mum's words to a T, yeah? Come off it bro, you're fronting like you weren't one of them standard youts who tested the boundaries of their environment.

Piss off

A.) to hit the target

B.) Stopping power

Leave it out. European armed police fire nuff shots that don't kill, and the amount of non lethal options available to the police shouldn't mean that kill shots are the only option. Stay in America with your fucked up opinions.

The fact that people are bothering to justify this shooting of a child with bullshit 'he should have known better' excuses is sickening. If this happened in London to a kid any of you lot knew you'd never nitpick for justifications like this. Bare fronting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Didn't our officers manage to neutralise both the guys who killed Lee Rigby.

So why are we acting like we're asking them to learn sniper wolf technique ? If anything officers should be at least trained to do both, as i'm sure not every situation require shots loaded into someones head and chest Everytime.

• Upvote 3