HOUSE RENT - PARENTS

underwriter

Now this has always been on my mind so lets get cracking...

1) how many of you (state your race) who live at home give your parents monthly rent/keep/support?

I understand family is important obviously but when parents say you have to give me/us money to stay here it just makes me think... (you had us so why are we paying fpr that?)

My mum said she knows a lot of parents in good joswhere their children give them money (somehow i dont believe that).. If parents have a good job, why would they ask their kids for money?

Tbh i never known any of my white boys to do this... I dont even think asians do this just blacks???

lool i swear  from my experience its only white people that do this

certain white guys i know been paying board since like age 16/17 when they first got jobs

can never imagine coming to my mums house n her being like 'oh you need to pay me money to live here'  :/

• Upvote 2

Standard tbh

Cant be working and not breaking bread with ur family. Selfish attitude what do you think all them utilities and toiletries are cheap

Them ppl will only understand their parents hardships when they move out and body lotion,toilet paper and toothpaste finish simultaneously when mum used to just replace them with no qualms

My mum used to pissed me off. Used to open my pay slips and sh*t :lol:

this is my mum!!!

pay slips and bank statements, only way i found out was because my little sis told me

Fam its the worst :lol:

niggas was asleep on my bunk bed

Shes all asking me questions about my bank card and sums shes looking to withdraw :rofl:

Im like yeah yeah take it

Wake up go to westfield to buy some bits i check my bank slip after and i got one measly sum remaining :lol:

Never been so vex in my life. The deception was a lot to absorb

• Upvote 1

this is my mum!!!

pay slips and bank statements, only way i found out was because my little sis told me

Shes all asking me questions about my bank card and sums shes looking to withdraw :rofl:

Wake up go to westfield to buy some bits i check my bank slip after and i got one measly sum remaining :lol:

brrrrrruuvvvvvvv

the worst is when shes asking when and how much u getting paid to analyze how much she should get 

got to the point i snapped, that what lead me to start paying 150-200 a month after i give her that, leave me alone!!!

• Upvote 2

this is my mum!!!

brrrrrruuvvvvvvv

the worst is when shes asking when and how much u getting paid to analyze how much she should get

!

cuz :rofl:

We might have the same mum

• Upvote 1

this is my mum!!!

brrrrrruuvvvvvvv

!

u no were gonna end up having money issues when we have kid's right

either end up being a tight c*nt, thinking everyone got a hidden agenda with your money 

I'm not talking about guys who pay 1/2 bills a month I'm talking about the parents that take 5/6bills

Could never do that to my child when me and my wife and bringing in very comfortable money, would only do it as a way of saving it for them

The world is hard enough as it is, why make it even harder for them to catch up when you don't even need to

• Upvote 2

this is my mum!!!

brrrrrruuvvvvvvv

!

u no were gonna end up having money issues when we have kid's right

either end up being a tight c*nt, thinking everyone got a hidden agenda with your money

100%

Deffo planted the seed of stingyness in me

I think if you are an adult earning then you should make some form of contribution

I had to switch on donny last time I was livin there tho. 2 weeks after i landed a TEMP job she Talkin about I must pay ex amount of hundreds to sleep on the sofa. Eff that particularly when she knows im trying to save up to move out ASAP an if I gave the money she was trying to demand that would have been impossible. Shes then sayin im selfish an happy to go an pay rent to a stranger. Yh donny but not to sleep im someone's living room with 0 privacy

Its not to say I didn't contribute either. I regularly bought food an cooked for everyone. I even bought a tv

Joke ting

I had to hide when I was looking for a place until I actually found it cos she would act like I'm the worst offspring for it

SelFish. She has this weird attachment thing with me an I dnt like it

• Upvote 3

I've actually known parents that have told their children that rent is due, the difference is that while the parent is taking the money, they are actually saving it for their children without them knowing, so when the children get to a more responsible age there is a nice lump sum for them to utilise for a house or a car or something sensible like that.

I should be in position to do this for my children in the next 18 months if things continue along the current trajectory.

• Upvote 1

I'm not talking about guys who pay 1/2 bills a month I'm talking about the parents that take 5/6bills

Could never do that to my child when me and my wife and bringing in very comfortable money, would only do it as a way of saving it for them

The world is hard enough as it is, why make it even harder for them to catch up when you don't even need to

bloody hell who does this 

you sure your are not exaggerating 

imo 250 is the max a parent should ask from thier  child

I think if you are an adult earning then you should make some form of contribution

I had to switch on donny last time I was livin there tho. 2 weeks after i landed a TEMP job she Talkin about I must pay ex amount of hundreds to sleep on the sofa. Eff that particularly when she knows im trying to save up to move out ASAP an if I gave the money she was trying to demand that would have been impossible. Shes then sayin im selfish an happy to go an pay rent to a stranger. Yh donny but not to sleep im someone's living room with 0 privacy

Its not to say I didn't contribute either. I regularly bought food an cooked for everyone. I even bought a tv

Joke ting

I had to hide when I was looking for a place until I actually found it cos she would act like I'm the worst offspring for it

SelFish. She has this weird attachment thing with me an I dnt like it

you are the son she never thought she had...

• Upvote 1