Serial Podcast

Francis Coquelin

Serial is a podcast where we unfold one nonfiction story, week by week, over the course of a season. We'll stay with each story for as long as it takes to get to the bottom of it.

Season One

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

1415883595122_wps_2_Serial_Podcast_Previ

Jay 1415829519033_wps_10_Jay_Wilds_Serial_Po

Episode 1

http://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/files.serialpodcast.org/sites/default/files/podcast/serial-s01-e01_0.mp3

Episode list: http://serialpodcast.org/#episodes

This shit is audio crack.

• Upvote 1

Just subscribed :Y:

this is sick, just on 3 now, deffinatley gonna end up listening to them all at work today, shits gonna be mad distracting :lol:

1408.gif

All i've been doing at work.  4 eps deep.  Listening to one more then saving the rest for work tomorrow.  

Its nuts.

Crazy to think there's no ending for this as well.  Trying to not google or even use social media till i finish this

Listened to all 10 today. Collegues were getting air all day ?

Was pissed when a client came in for a sit down.

Made my day fly

Finally caught up on this.

Disappointed when i found out this show is not actually finished so there may not be this huge twist that i've been expecting and nothing happening.

What are people views on this?  Guilty or not?

Jay story is bullshit but Adnan doesn't help his case at all!  Doesn't remember anything when his memory is most needed.  Too many things do not add up??

The thing is, he has his appeal in Jan next year.  This is downloaded over 19 million times.  It will be one of the biggest story on the internet and i'm sure Adnan will be able to get the best lawyer  'cause of this show.   Not to mention all the help he's getting.  I think he'll win his appeal. Unless there's going to be some major 'plot' twist where major evidence arises and all this finishes with a clear conclusion..

Yeah I did all the episodes today at work...thought the sh*t was finished.

Jays whole thing is just mad fishy, the shovels came from his house ffs, I haven't heard any explanation about this yet? Unless I missed something. Imagine if he is innocent, 15 years ffs.

Could never be involved with law n shit, stressss.

Jays story is bullshit but i cant help think Adnan is still guilty in someway, way too many things dont add up... he must of known what happened that day.

The lending of the car, the not being able to secure an alibi, not having his cell on him, the call to niomi(?). The memory stuff is bullshit imo, you dont forget things when something eventful has happened on that day. Its not everyday your ex girlfriend goes missing

http://serialpodcast.org/maps/timelines-january-13-1999

its fucked how jays testimony changed so much and was probably shaped by the detectives to get the conviction regardless.

i need to not click these spoilers lol

well the call to nisha even if she doesn't have an answering machine doesn't mean someone didn't pick up especially if you butt dialled because it was a home number I lost count the amount of times my mum picked up the phone and didn't hang up right away when I done this when I got my first phone in 99 lol

Given off just the show I'm leaning more to it was jay who killed and buried her but adnan put him up to it and it's most likely happened after 3, then jay done the deal with the police to save himself but that's just off the show

Did they ever say if that don guys alibi was tight cos you know these deams

lol mr s

That Steph blatantly knows the truth too

i need to not click these spoilers lol

Temptation is a lot