Killer season out in SA (Dewani's team>>>>>.Oscar's)

Heero Yuy

A judge has dismissed the case against Shrien Dewani, who was accused of arranging the murder of his wife Anni in South Africa.

Judge Jeanette Traverso said the evidence presented by the prosecution fell "far below the threshold" of what a reasonable court could convict on.

She said the evidence of the prosecution's main witness, taxi driver Zola Tongo, was "riddled with contradictions" and "highly debatable".

Mr Dewani will now be released.

Announcing her ruling, the judge said: "The accused is found not guilty of this charge."

She said the only reason not to grant the application would be in the hope that Mr Dewani would implicate himself if he gave evidence .

But to do so would be a "manifest misdirection", she said.

Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Judge Jeanette Traverso: ''The accused is found not guilty of this charge''
Mr Dewani, from Bristol, was extradited to South Africa this year to face trial accused of planning the murder of his wife in November 2010.

He listened intently as key evidence against him was criticised by the judge as she gave her ruling over almost three hours.

Mr Dewani, 34, went straight down to the cells to prepare for his release, following the decision, as his family embraced.

Mrs Dewani's family, who had said it would it be a "nightmare" if the trial did not continue, immediately left the court room.

They bowed their heads amid shouting from the public gallery.

The judge said the evidence from the three criminals already convicted over Mrs Dewani's murder was "so improbable, with so many mistakes, lies and inconsistencies you cannot see where the lies ended and the truth begins".

Dewani, 34, has always denied plotting with others to murder his bride, who was found shot dead in the back of their taxi after the couple was hijacked during a late-night tour of a township.

Prosecutors said bisexual Mr Dewani had long planned to get out of the relationship to Swedish-raised Anni, and arranged the attack in which he would escape unharmed and Anni would be killed.

Trial by media for him asoon as he lands back in the UK.

Wow I thought the evidence was pretty solid.

His an evil fucker though. Imagine you plan to kill someone you supposedly love so you can carry on meeting up with men.

Makes you wonder how many of these arranged marriages, have guys who are gay. Getting forced to marry to keep up the family name.

Justice served imo

Basically the evidence against him was the 3 guys that have already been convicted saying he was involved

At the same time these guys have also shown themselves to be liars so unless there was other supporting evidence there's no case to answer as reasonable doubt is already there

Exactly. After reading what the judge had to say I get why he didn't get convicted.

Jury and democracy 2 of the most overrated things in the world

Great in theory

But people are too stupid and easily manipulated for it to work

So one person evaluating information is better than 12?

In some parts of the world the systems are not appropriate like SA because the population isn't actually educated enough for it to be effective

Same with democracy...if you have a country where there are smaller tribes who won't get a look in in a democracy then u need some kind of "benevolent dictator"

But the problem with democracy in this country for example is that people are firstly not educated on how the system works AT ALL. Its only the people who are interested that get involved from politicians to spads to lobbyists

And the second problem is the population is not trusted with information. Why? Because people like you toto make stupid statements about everyone bein too stupid

Unless you are certified retarded you have the capacity to learn. People are easily manipulated with crap information because thats what the media is geared toward

What if we were a taught critical thinking at school? What if the media wasn't in the back pocket of vested interests?

disagree

I use to deal with some of the most educated guys in this country on a daily basis and that is when I lost all hope for humanity

People are stupid especially the ones who you would think aren't or shouldn't be

But saying that, people are not easily manipulated because they are not bright enough or they lack education but because they believe what they want to believe and anything that helps then arrive to the destination they want to get at is what they will use

For example if I went into the smoking thread and posted a completely made up article saying that research at such and such university has proven that cannabis has long term health benefits and it was completely pro and biased in favour of cannabis then everyone would agree and cosign it and use it in future arguments, whereas if I done the total opposite I would quickly be called out on the article

Just basic human nature of being selfish... Does this benefit me, does this reaffirm what I first thought...

A jury has most likely made there mind up at the opening proceedings and then listen out for things that will back up there initial first impressions, cherry picking any information for either guilty/not guilty in which ever stance they first chose to take.

No amount of education could change that

And as for the democracy well...it's the same... your telling me I have the same power of vote as someone like Inhim, that's outrageous and what is even more outrageous is that someone like that might have more power then me due to the location they live at lol

Just need to look at the biggest battle that is being fought at the moment in this country with the winner most likely being voted in and the loser most defiantly having no chance: immigration

Lol anyone with half a brain knows that this is really a non issue and there are other key agendas that should be the big battles but the next leader of this country will be elected on primarily there stance on immigration

If this is not proof of the stupidity of people and the easy manipulation of them then I don't know what is

Being educated on a particular subject doesn't mean anything. Im not talking about just wrote learning

Holistic education includes things like critical thinking

I don't think you understand what I mean by education. Currently people are educated to be someone else's fool

People's way of thinking needs a complete overhaul and if you dtart from primary school you can make a societal change

The human mind has a great deal of capacity. Most of the time it just isnt put to good use

Half a brain?

Everyone has one brain but most waste it because they have nno tools to train it

disagree

I use to deal with some of the most educated guys in this country on a daily basis and that is when I lost all hope for humanity

People are stupid especially the ones who you would think aren't or shouldn't be

But saying that, people are not easily manipulated because they are not bright enough or they lack education but because they believe what they want to believe and anything that helps then arrive to the destination they want to get at is what they will use

For example if I went into the smoking thread and posted a completely made up article saying that research at such and such university has proven that cannabis has long term health benefits and it was completely pro and biased in favour of cannabis then everyone would agree and cosign it and use it in future arguments, whereas if I done the total opposite I would quickly be called out on the article

Just basic human nature of being selfish... Does this benefit me, does this reaffirm what I first thought...

A jury has most likely made there mind up at the opening proceedings and then listen out for things that will back up there initial first impressions, cherry picking any information for either guilty/not guilty in which ever stance they first chose to take.

Link to Studies /research? Sounds like an interesting alternative view to read up on like you have