D'Angelo

Jam

My favourite album of all time is 'Brown Sugar'. Wasn't that big a fan of Voodoo.

Gassed isn't even the word.  :bounce:

With songs like Devil's Pie, Send It On, The Root, Spanish Joint, Greatday, Africa (every song is 10/10 really), you still weren't a big fan?      :confused: ...for-for whyyyy? 

Voodoo is my favourite album of all-time. They're both amazing, envelope pushing, soulful, classic masterpieces.

My favourite album of all time is 'Brown Sugar'. Wasn't that big a fan of Voodoo.

With songs like Devil's Pie, Send It On, The Root, Spanish Joint, Greatday, Africa (every song is 10/10 really), you still weren't a big fan?      :confused: ...for-for whyyyy? 

Voodoo is my favourite album of all-time. They're both amazing, envelope pushing, soulful, classic masterpieces.

Africa might be the best song i've ever heard.

/

Hes gone more of a funk route in this album, don't like it as much as the other two, still decent though.

• 3 months later...

The second, while still recognised as a good album, was a completely different feel and taste to the first. In this instance there's no right or wrong answer lol.

• 3 weeks later...

D'Angelo and the Vanguard is the best show out right now. This is next level musicianship. D, Pino, Jesse Johnson, Sharkey and Chris Dave on drums, Kendra on vocals. 15 minute jams, solos, James Brown esque type performances, sound engineering is on point too (a pet peeve of mine at live shows). The music is truly transcendent live

Hearing Prayer live was otherworldly

& I went to Lauryn last year in Brixton ... lol very polarizing set, she more or less remixed the whole album into a reggae, ska renditions and people were upsetttt LOL. People just wanted to sing to Ex Factor but she brought out some heavier, guitar centric, drum based stuff. I loved it anyway.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to apologise.

I've listened to Voodoo again, and although I still maintain it is MUCH different to 'Brown Sugar', I thoroughly enjoyed Voodoo. Send It On is a personal favourite on that album.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...