car crash/invalid insurance

Meticulous

Cancelling his policy seems the best outcome of what could happen

Could become a legal matter

Even then if his policy is cancelled and his name becomes black listed when he tries to go elsewhere else for car insurance, imagine the quotes for cancelled insurance + 6 points

All depends on how far the guy wants to go though tbh

Regardless, its not set in stone and neither are the procedures. Just call them up and be upfront and hope they sympathise.

Im pretty sure you could argue any mitigating circumstances (even if they aint real) to let them know that its a very difficult situation for yourself. Even drop lines like your stressed and feel depressed etc.

This is not by any means a foregone conclusion...

Double check your policy wording but most companies dont need them declared as they are mid term convictions. Anything that immediately affects your licence which will stop you driving taking you over the 12 points, banned for whatever reason should be disclosed immediately but as far as i know minor things like speeding, they dont need to be declared until renewal as thats when the additional charge will be made.

It was certainly like that with my insurer and Admiral Group (elephant, diamond, bell)

hoping this is the case tbh

couldnt get through today, left a message and havent heard back. im gonna send a quick email just so they have some record of me contacting them

Might aswel sell the car to cover the excess /legal costs and everything else

Life as you knew it is now over

luckily i dont need to should that be the case but its stress same way

them ones where hes filling out the quotation and it comes to the final part where says 'how much excess do you want to select' he selected the top one so his premium is lowest...

come back to bite you now PAL

:lol:

smh

Lol, I do the same, only difference is I haven't crashed, although I've never seen the slider go up to 3k.

Anyone got any tips for injury claims? Car insurance is closed till Saturday so I can't report it to them till then anyway.. Going to go doctors/hospital on Boxing Day and tell them about my shoulder pain/stiff neck then forward on that info to the insurance company on Saturday .. Accident was clearly the other drives fault and he went into my drivers side door (cars wrote off)