Top 10 Keepers In The World Right Now

Mame Biram Diouf

According to the Daily Mail...

10. Keylor Navas (Real Madrid and Costa Rica)

9. Samir Handanovic (Inter Milan and Slovenia)

8. Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain and Italy)

7. Iker Casillas (Real Madrid and Spain)

6. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur and France)

5. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus and Italy)

4. Joe Hart (Manchester City and England)

3. Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea and Belgium)

2. David de Gea (Manchester United and Spain)

1. Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich and Germany)

Joe Hard in the top 5 :rofl:

not even in the top 5 in the premiership

• Upvote 2

Agree Courtois is probably #1 atm.

Joe Hart Lol.

When was the last time you seen Courtois or Neur put in a better performance than De Gea?

De Gea has been deflecting shots like neo with a defence made of glass for the past 2 seasons 

Them 2 keepers have had SOLID defences. So Easy for them to talk smack about Clean sheets and that 1 save they have to make during a game cause their defences slipped.

• Upvote 5

Joe Hart Lol.

When was the last time you seen Courtois or Neur put in a better performance than De Gea?

De Gea has been deflecting shots like neo with a defence made of glass for the past 2 seasons 

Them 2 keepers have had SOLID defences. So Easy for them to talk smack about Clean sheets and that 1 save they have to make during a game cause their defences slipped.

De Gea doesn't have no pressure to perform though.  Utd are not up there challenging for all honours and there's little expectancy for them to win everything (It wasn't the case when he was first signed)

It's very easy for a keeper to look good when the back line is so bad and gets opened up with ease.  I could say the say about Lloris but likewise, there's no pressure for him to perform when our defence is so bad and we are not competing.

Neur and Courtois are competing at the highest level.  We are talking CL finals, Games to win La Liga, World Cup finals etc

It's sometimes much harder for these keepers 'cause their team are organised.  Their concentration levels >>      They have to be ready for when they do get open.

Da Gea is one of the best in the world at 1 vs 1's imo and top 5 but can never be considered the best keeper in the world, yet. 

• Upvote 2

Joe Hart Lol.

No one mentioned clean sheets bro. I've watched a lot of atletico and chelsea matches for the last couple seasons and I'm struggling to remember too many errors(leading to goals or otherwise).

He completely commands his area. Can be a spectator for 89mins then pull off a worldy. Complete goalkeeper

Of course people mention clean sheets , just like a striker mentions goals , midfielder mentions passes and defenders .... Clean sheets. 

Bottom line is to get to a GK you have to pass through the defence , You put 4 training cones  ( united defence ) in front of Nuer and Courtois and we will see what they are saying.

Joe Hart Lol.

No one mentioned clean sheets bro. I've watched a lot of atletico and chelsea matches for the last couple seasons and I'm struggling to remember too many errors(leading to goals or otherwise).

He completely commands his area. Can be a spectator for 89mins then pull off a worldy. Complete goalkeeper

Yep, let's compare Utd's biggest game last season (Competing for trophy wise) It came Semi final against Sunderland.  A team Utd were expected to beat and was doing so.  De Gea costs Utd a goal and Utd then go out of the Semi finals due to penalties.  Utd were never came close to winning anything else. 

Holding your nerve in the biggest games for your club/nation >>

Don't underestimate playing under pressure.   Don't get me wrong, he has played under pressure and won the league with utd but the last 2 seasons there has been zero expectancy for him to produce as the team has been below their usual standards.  He has improved though but can't be the best.

Similar to saying Suarez >> or Bale >>>   when they are just playing domestic football.  I was one of them, but i was proven right in the end :lol:

Joe Hart Lol.

De Gea doesn't have no pressure to perform though.  Utd are not up there challenging for all honours and there's little expectancy for them to win everything (It wasn't the case when he was first signed)

It's very easy for a keeper to look good when the back line is so bad and gets opened up with ease.  I could say the say about Lloris but likewise, there's no pressure for him to perform when our defence is so bad and we are not competing.

Neur and Courtois are competing at the highest level.  We are talking CL finals, Games to win La Liga, World Cup finals etc

It's sometimes much harder for these keepers 'cause their team are organised.  Their concentration levels >>      They have to be ready for when they do get open.

Da Gea is one of the best in the world at 1 vs 1's imo and top 5 but can never be considered the best keeper in the world, yet. 

+1'd i5 but I gotta cosign this.

Joe Hart Lol.

Yep, let's compare Utd's biggest game last season (Competing for trophy wise) It came Semi final against Sunderland.  A team Utd were expected to beat and was doing so.  De Gea costs Utd a goal and Utd then go out of the Semi finals due to penalties.  Utd were never came close to winning anything else. 

Holding your nerve in the biggest games for your club/nation >>

Don't underestimate playing under pressure.   Don't get me wrong, he has played under pressure and won the league with utd but the last 2 seasons there has been zero expectancy for him to produce as the team has been below their usual standards.  He has improved though but can't be the best.

Similar to saying Suarez >> or Bale >>>   when they are just playing domestic football.  I was one of them, but i was proven right in the end :lol:

All that is bless and i say you have a point.

But you cannot deny that the so called best in the world is always backed by a solid defence

Ceasar @ Jose's inter

Cech @ Jose's Chelsea

Courtois' @ Atletico/Chelsea 

Neur @ Bayern - Who would never have been considered the best @ Schalke , only when we left for bayern

Valdes @ Barca 

This is why we always see keepers getting snapped up after WC's due to having to back it when there defences let them down , which is always.

Bravo

Enyema 

Navas

Ochoa

All made Excellent apps 

Nuer never needed a vest like these man did.

However i see your point but tbh the concentration really comes in when your sat there talking to the 5th official behind the goal for half the game cause your team is dominating and you get caught out on the counter

De Gea hype recently is nuts.

He's faced a lot of poor finishing that has made him look a lot better than he is.

He's behind Neur and Courtois for sure.

Also on Courtois the way he comes for crosses ain't normal atorrrrrrr he's like one of the Space Jam monsters with that ball.

• Downvote 2