Advice: Virgin Media Broadband & Tv

Lenny

Apparently (I've read) they do throttle, but I always get my 3-5MB/s when I'm downloading my TV shows.

Virgin are the bar-setters in speed, you can get fibre broadband from TalkTalk cheaper I think, but they don't have proper TV. You're probably going to be paying about the same amount if you compare Sky with Virgin.

Use Quidco or TopCashBack and you'll get over £100+ cashback when you sign up to these things (effectively making 2+ months free).

• Upvote 1

My virgin is running at 54mb, get at least 6mb/s downloading from Torrents and cant even remember the last time i got throttled.

Its not virgin who are locking the sites its the courts so it will apply to all the major providors in the uk so nothingthey can do about it. Always a simple way around the blocks anyway.

• Upvote 1

Infact virgin only throttle upload now,not the down stream :Y:

• Upvote 1

Connection speed/stability has been calm for me...but as previously mentioned the wifi range from the supplied superhub is faaaaacked

My boy has had issues with dropouts n shit. Virgin spitting the pipes in the area are over utilised...swear at the time they were giving him estimated repair dates like 6/8months down the line. Thats peak!

Just be weary of their normal price after any introduction discounts...swear they are becoming dyam teefs

thats what a driver said to me. he said he was with virgin, contract was coming to an end and was complaining and all that stuff, and he said suttin about they chucked in bare freebies for him or whatever...

did you guys know that if you make a change to your 'package' that is a new contract in itself...

ive made various changes to my package as in upgrading or downgrading or removing something and all that is like an extra 12 month 12 month contracts i was taken aback when the woman told me that

• 1 month later...

I was only able to get Fibre Optic on my street in December. Upgraded to it sticking with Sky. Their new Broadband Router is a lot better than their old one, used to get quite a few cut outs with the last one but this rarely ever drops now.

Cancelled my TV with Sky though. Tried telling me they couldn't offer me nothing and if I quit I can't rejoin for 12 months, said fine sign me off. When I rang up a couple weeks later to get Fibre Optic a nice woman on the phone was trying to get me back on the TV Package offering me 50% off again, told her the last rep said I couldn't rejoin for 12 months and she basically confirmed that was some bullshit lies.

although i fucks with richard branson i hate this service ffs ive been with them i think about 3 years now

internet in other rooms is rubbish

even in the same room i 'try' to stream tv shows and its buffering ffs... i mean how?

if you UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE your package with virgin over the phone that is a new contract and they dont say that to you over the phone... misrepresentation, misselling and misleading

My virgin broadband >>>

Was with sky a few years back was terrible

I guess it all depends where you live, you should google whats best for your area

Wouldnt swap my virgin net for anything tbh

They only block shit that they have to by court orders (which apply to all major uk isps)

No such thing as blocked content in 2015 anyway so its not like it matters

its funny how virgin media (not sure about other isp) charge u £10 for NOT BEING ON DIRECT DEBIT

like ... lmfao top scammers

its funny how virgin media (not sure about other isp) charge u £10 for NOT BEING ON DIRECT DEBIT

you ever thought about doing a podcast?

you ever thought about doing a podcast?

whats a podcast?