NICKI MINAJ... THEY LOVE HER

underwriter

Nicki Minaj Becomes New Face Of Roberto Cavalli

It appears the Italians can’t get enough of hip hop’s current leading lady. After an October cover for L’Uomo Vogue, followed by an editorial shoot in this month’s Vogue Italia, news broke earlier today that the Anaconda rapper is the face of the Roberto Cavalli spring/summer 2015 campaign.

The campaign images, shot in LA by Italian photographer Francesco Carrozzini, see Minaj posing in flowy bohemian dresses, defined by embroideries and animal prints typical of the Cavalli brand.

The only woman to make it into the Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings 2014 list (cashing in an estimated $14 million this year), will also endorse the Made in Italy brand its eyewear and accessory line, in addition to its ready-to-wear.

“I chose Nicki Minaj because she embodies the exuberant and modern femininity of the Cavalli woman. In recent years we have become accustomed to women castigated in clothes that hide their body shapes. With this campaign, I wanted to send a strong countertrend message.

I wanted a sensual woman who is aware of her body – who is not afraid to show her curves. Instead, she makes them her strength,” Roberto Cavalli concludes with regard to casting the Trinidad and Tobago-born hip hop mogul.

RCADVSS15_07-1940x1295.jpg

RCADVSS15_02-1940x1328.jpg
RCADVSS15_01-1940x1328.jpg