HES BLACK... HE CANT BE IT.

underwriter

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond

n-IDRIS-ELBA-large570.jpg

When leaked emails from Sony appeared to show Idris Elba in the running to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond, MailOnline's commenters had a field day.

Despite 007 being played by at least eight people in the past, some of the Mail's readers threw their toys out of the pram when they heard Ian Fleming's classic spy character could be played by a black man.

The comments range from implying that black and white people are different species to equating fictional character James Bond to Nelson Mandela.

We really, really hope these are just trolls and not real people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/23/idris-elba-james-bond_n_6371644.html?1419341294

(go to the link to see the 21 racial comments)

Rush Limbaugh: Idris Elba can't be Bond because he's black

Ian Fleming conceived character as white and Scottish, says right-wing commentator, adding: ‘I know it’s racist to point this out’

US commentator Rush Limbaugh has said Idris Elba should not be able to play James Bond because he is black.

Responding to rumours that the London-born actor is being lined up to one day replace Daniel Craig as 007, Limbaugh told his syndicated US radio show that Bond was intended to be a white man by creator Ian Fleming.

“James Bond is a total concept put together by Ian Fleming. He was white and Scottish. Period. That is who James Bond is, was,” Limbaugh said. “But now [they are] suggesting that the next James Bond should be Idris Elba, a black Briton, rather than a white from Scotland. But that’s not who James Bond is and I know it’s racist to probably point this out.”

Limbaugh went on to compare the casting to the idea of George Clooney and Kate Hudson starring as Barack and Michelle Obama in a presidential biopic. He also said Hollywood might as well cast Kelsey Grammer as Nelson Mandela the next time a film was made about the South African freedom fighter.

Limbaugh’s argument about Bond being white and Scottish appears easy to torpedo. Roger Moore was English, Pierce Brosnan Irish and George Lazenby Australian. Meanwhile, Timothy Dalton was born in Wales to an English father and American mother. In any case, Fleming only began adding hints of a Scottish ancestry to 007’s backstory after the extraordinary success of Sean Connery’s first movie as Bond, Dr No, in 1962.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/24/rush-limbaugh-idris-elba-james-bond-black

But they don't get upset about exodus

I know a lot a dem are upset about Annie too

Does anyone remember the children's books series amazing grace

In One book grace is being told she can't play peter pan cis shes black and a girl but then she does.

That book was a very very real inspiration for me. I literally carried the msg with me through my life

• Upvote 1

James Bond is a made up character though right? So he can't be put in a comparison with white people playing real life black people

James Bond is pierce brosnan to me.. Nothing or no one will change that.. Didn't even bother watching the Daniel Craig 1s, he's a fake lol

its true

when they changed bond to blonde…i was like…bruh?

now they wanna change it to black lol

the gradual change

• Upvote 1

James Bond is a made up character though right? So he can't be put in a comparison with white people playing real life black people

James Bond is pierce brosnan to me.. Nothing or no one will change that.. Didn't even bother watching the Daniel Craig 1s, he's a fake lol

You're missing out.

idris actually seems quite neeky in interviews uno

he was so convinvcing as stringer but irl he seems like a nerrrd lol

Yeah the 42 year old should spit the first 16 of Tingz in Boots during every interview just so he doesn't seem more neeky...

Idiot

allow the name calling its not that deep

i first watched the wire like 7 years ago n dint see him in interview oustide character till like last year

he came across very different etcc