Messi ''Baller, Shot Caller''

Mame Biram Diouf

Barcelona have sacked former goalkeeper Andoni Zubizarreta from his position as director of football.

Zubizarreta, 53, took over the role in summer 2010 after the exit of Txiki Begiristain, who is now Manchester City's director of football.

A Barcelona statement said president Josep Maria Bartomeu had "decided to terminate" Zubizarreta's contract immediately.

Former club captain Carlos Puyol has resigned as assistant sports director.

The 36-year-old three-times Champions League winner retired in the summer and moved into the role, working closely with Zubizarreta.

But Puyol announced his decision to leave on his personal Facebook account  shortly after the club confirmed Zubizarreta had been sacked.

He said: "These three and a half months have given me the opportunity to see another side of the club.

"I want to grow both personally and professionally so that, in the future, hopefully I can return to this house and give back everything you have given me during these unforgettable years."

Zubizarreta was the Nou Camp club's keeper between 1986 and 1994.

He also played for Spain, making 126 appearances.

"The president, in the name of the club, thanks Andoni Zubizarreta for his contribution, dedication and professionalism over the last four years in his role at the head of the club's football area," Barcelona's statement added.

Growing tension between Messi and Luis Enrique

01/05/2015

Lionel Messi's week at Barcelona has been dominated by how he was benched at the Anoeta and was not in attendance at the open-doors training session at the Miniestadi on Monday.

According to Spanish radio station COPE, the Argentine believes that it will not be possible to change the team's current situation with Luis Enrique in the dugout.

Word has also come out from Messi's cohort that the coach makes decisions without guidance from his colleagues and considers himself to be the bee's knees. The Argentine is also said not to understand why the board supports him.

Luis Enrique, meanwhile, does not understand why Messi failed to attend the training session which was designed for passionate, young supporters to see their idols get put through their paces. There seems to be increasing evidence that the distance between the two is growing.

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/01/05/en/football/barcelona/1420493662.html?

Read more: Growing tension between Messi and Luis Enrique - MARCA.com (English version)

I personally think it's time for Barca to cash on him tbh.

Let Neymar be that guy, rebuild the team.  

They could do alot with 200m

swere they got a transfer ban ?

Read that they can sell, just can't register anyone.

Think that might mean they can buy players just can't register them.

Should just make messi player manager tbh

Tata Martino to Messi: ‘I know you’re the Barça boss & can have me fired with 1 phone call’ [Periodico]

All the skeletons are coming out of the closet in the wake of Lionel Messi’s latest conflict at Barcelona.

Since he failed to show up for training after being benched against Real Sociedad, a min-storm has erupted, and tensions are at a knife edge between himself and manager Luis Enrique.

Messi’s detractors accuse him of behaving like a dictator and acting like a prima donna, and this article from Periodico journalist Emilio Perez de Rosas makes a damning claim concerning his behaviour towards Tata Martino last season.

Tata, you’ll recall, was brought in essentially by way of placating Messi; as a fellow Newell’s Old Boy, Tata was sure to sing to Messi’s tune.

But it turns out it wasn’t all happy families between them, and Tata felt forced to bow to Messi’s will.

The passage claims that Tata pleaded with Messi to go easy on him, approaching him at training one day and telling him – within earshot of the other players -

‘I know you’re the boss around here, the main man. I know that if you want, you can phone the President and have me fired, but please, you don’t have to show it everyday.’

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/tata-martino-to-messi-i-know-youre-the-barca-boss-and-can-have-me-fired-with-1-phone-call-periodico/

Would be so mad to see messi leave

Would cause a crazy transfer domino effect across world football imo

Luis Enrique is done at Barça, Leo Messi has suggested Frank Rijkaard to replace him [TV3]

Barca-Chelsea-Partido-vuelta-o_543651691

The dramatic week at FC Barcelona rolls on and on.

After the drama of Messi being rested, then skipping training, and sporting director Zubizaretta getting sacked for his role in the transfer ban, Catalan channel TV3 are now reporting that Luis Enrique is done, and is now essentially a Dead Man Walking at the helm of the Catalan club.

It’s now established that Messi and Enrique have completely fallen out over the last week, and that Messi had never taken to Lucho in the first place; being rested was the straw the broke the camel;s back, so to speak.

And this has created a crisis within the Barcelona board; whether to back star man Messi, or coach Enrique.

TV3 claim that President Bartomeu has thrown his hat in with Messi, which essentially means that Messi wins, Enrique loses, and the coach is now a dead man walking.

They say that Messi has suggested Frank Rijkaard to come in and restore peace and order, the Dutchman having given Messi his debut and always supported and indulged him during his time as manager.

The Spanish media are now coming to the unanimous feeling that Enrique’s position is now untenable and at the point of no return, and will either walk after Sunday’s Atletico game, or walk the plank, regardless of the result.

(Via Sport)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/luis-enrique-is-done-at-barca-leo-messi-has-suggested-frank-rijkaard-to-replace-him-tv3/