Do you back down? and to who?

Brem

I've been told that I am stubborn and pig headed. In many respects I consider myself pretty knowledgeable so I don't argue if I don't hold an educated opinion on a matter.

My sister in law said I had no respect of others opinions. I responded with "if it's wrong, why respect it?"

Outside of work I tend to only back down to the wife. Let the small stuff go and win the big stuff, I say.

Do you back down? Who do you make concessions for?

If I'm arguing with someone and they don't address the points I put forward or even appear to acknowledge them, I don't really bother with much response.

Generally people who don't know how to have a discussion on something.

Or if I start to see people catch feelings.

• Upvote 2

If I'm arguing with someone and they don't address the points I put forward or even appear to acknowledge them, I don't really bother with much response.

Generally people who don't know how to have a discussion on something.

Or if I start to see people catch feelings.

When i'm talking with someone who is telling me stuff that i know for a fact is wrong i don't bother arguing. Just zone out and nod along

I'm the opposite. I'll tell them they're wrong if I'm certain of it.

Typically I don't back down because I'll only argue/debate something if I feel like I know enough to do so. If I get proven wrong, convinced otherwise or see that agreeing is for the greater good then I'll back down

how do u exist in a professional working environment by not backing down brem

i back down everyday

lubricates my path through life

i lose nothing

im not some road yute whose pride is everything

/

I point you tomy original post. Outside of work I don't back down (generally).

I back down if I am satisfied that there may be a chance that I am in the wrong especially if its close friends and family

Back down at work? Never. I recently resigned from work just for this very reason and its not the first job that I have resigned from either 

I pride myself on getting to where I am without selling my soul and it will continue to stay like that

• Upvote 1

In many respects I consider myself pretty knowledgeable so I don't argue if I don't hold an educated opinion on a matter.

This

I'm very calculated so I will never enter a debate/argument unless I'm certain I'm right. Depending on my mood and circumstance I will either argue til the cows come home or drop a "kl kl" and laugh.

I've also got a tendency to call people out a lot of I hear them saying something incorrect/untrue

Why not enter a debate if you're not certain that you're right? Its easier to get educated on a subject if you put in opposing points into a discussion, if you've heard/read something that might be to the contrary or if you just think something is a certain way, why not put it in? 

Obviously there are times when you should just let things go by for the sake of moving the discussion on, but don't live your life trying to save face at the expense of gaining knowledge.

Nah I didn't mean it like that. I meant I won't go into a debate arguing point A against a person arguing point B if I'm not 100% on the facts on point A. I will more have a conversation about it and explain where I think I'm right and what I'm not sure on

Never would I deny myself knowledge due to pride and not wanting to be wrong

I'm always right, I back down to nobody. Except my mum, who is equally always right, even when shes wrong.

Professionally there is alot of focus on sharing your opinions and being right, one of our core tenets is to Disagree and Commit so we're encouraged to create conflict if it ends with the best result for the client/customer. Socially I don't back down either and i'm not proud to say i've never ran away from a fight because I have massive scars to prove it and that was dumb. While I would like to run away more often I find it difficult, not running because i'm fat, but from situations where someone is commiting a misdeed, I'm proud to say I will always confront someone.

I'm always right, I back down to nobody. Except my mum, who is equally always right, even when shes wrong.

Professionally there is alot of focus on sharing your opinions and being right, one of our core tenets is to Disagree and Commit so we're encouraged to create conflict if it ends with the best result for the client/customer. Socially I don't back down either and i'm not proud to say i've never ran away from a fight because I have massive scars to prove it and that was dumb. While I would like to run away more often I find it difficult, not running because i'm fat, but from situations where someone is commiting a misdeed, I'm proud to say I will always confront someone.

GMT