Paulo Dybala

JOHN DOE

• 3 weeks later...
Palermo president Mauro Zamparini says that he would rather sell Paulo Dybala to Juventus than to Manchester United or any other foreign team.

The Argentine forward has attracted the interest of some of Europe's biggest clubs with his fine performances in 2014-15 and both Juve and United are keeping a close eye on the 21-year-old's situation.

However, Zamparini, who revealed that his relationship with the player has completely broken down, would prefer it if Dybala were to stay in Serie A, although he has stressed that money will eventually be the decisive factor, citing Javier Pastore's move to Paris Saint-Germain as an example.

"There has not been any contact with Napoli but it is true that Marotta has been in touch for Juventus," he told Tuttosport.

"He told me that Juventus will be right there if we decide to sell Dybala. They are very much interested in signing him and are ready to open talks.

"I told him that I would be more than happy to sell Paulo to Juventus if possible. I would actually prefer for him to stay in Italy.

"I know Marotta, though, so I immediately made it clear that I will not give him a discount. We all know what happened with Pastore."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mascardi, who says that the player will have the final say over his next destination, says Juve are leading the race to sign the forward, while he revealed that Chelsea have also tabled a bid for his services.

He added: "In the end, Dybala will choose the team in which he sees the best options to grow, and Zamparini will decide if the offer is appropriate for him.

"Juve would not be a bad option for him because he would continue his career in Italy for at least two more years. Yes, Juve are in pole position because the boy considers Juve as a good destination, because (Juve general manager Beppe) Marotta is a good friend that has submitted the highest bid for him so far.

"Zamparini is asking for €40m and it seems to me like a fair price. Chelsea presented an offer a while ago, but it was very low."

recycled article