No more page 3?

Afroman

smh

These feminist have won. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11356186/Has-The-Sun-quietly-dropped-Page-3.html

Topless women have been a fixture on Page 3 of the Sun for more than four decades, but the controversial feature has finally been killed off.

Executives at the tabloid have decided to quietly shelve the tradition after a growing army of critics branded it sexist.

Instead of bare breasts, the pictures will now show scantily-clad women wearing bras and pants. In Monday's issue, the model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was shown wearing Marks & Spencer underwear.

The move was confirmed by The Times, a fellow News UK paper. It is understood that the parent company's chairman Rupert Murdoch signed off on the decision.

Topless models were first introduced by the Sun in 1970, less than a year after Rupert Murdoch bought the title. In recent years, the paper has faced growing criticism from campaigners who said the feature was out of date in the modern world.

Peak times ..

• Downvote 2

Can't remember the last time I saw or cared about page 3 tbh

Good 10+ years

Co-sign

But, this is The Sun' Key selling point they fashioned for years. Yeah,i agree the appeal is done. With everyone having access to Nudes via the internet & social media.

I doubt they took it off due to decline of interest though . I think its a coup for feminist, As this as been one of their agenda to their manifesto in the uk anyway.

Heard it been debated on LBC  over the last few years.  Or maybe its just an old fashioned perverted culture that has runs its course and its time to let go.  

that said it is a bit strange that the uk most popular newspaper;s third page had a pair of tits in there

i remeber when i was about 5/6 and  my mum used to buy the sun - i used to collect  page 3 them and  then my mum caught me 

kai the beating was emotional 

been a deev since day 1 

/

them ones when your in a public place  and reading page 3 and look anywhere else but the tittays

that said it is a bit strange that the uk most popular newspaper;s third page had a pair of tits in there

i remeber when i was about 5/6 and  my mum used to buy the sun - i used to collect  page 3 them and  then my mum caught me 

kai the beating was emotional 

been a deev since day 1 

FAM

I got boops for the exact same thing. I didn't even do anything with them but every time I got one it went under the mattress.

Showed them to my girl cousin and she g'd me up kmt.

I got syllable licks from both parents.

• Upvote 2

was reading feminist justifications for this on the guardian

couldn't find a single decent point other than maybe the page 3 models being the main representation of women in the news

but then wouldn't it be down to women as well to start demanding to see news about women? cause these companies don't give a fuck and are just printing what sells

I dunno what the point was or what they've gained