Kevin De Bruyne

Mame Biram Diouf

A return to the EPL on the cards?

de-bruyne.jpg

Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking has played down Manchester United's reported interest in Kevin De Bruyne as an "acknowledgement of our work," amid speculation that Louis van Gaal is closely monitoring the midfielder.

De Bruyne, 23, was one of the stars of the Bundesliga during the first half of the season, with his three goals and 10 assists helping his side up to second in the table.

The Belgium international, who joined Wolfsburg from Chelsea in January 2014, is under contract until 2019 but has been linked with a return to the Premier League or a switch to Bayern Munich in recent months.

On Wednesday, Sport Bild reported that Van Gaal has been keeping an eye on De Bruyne's progress and has made him a summer transfer target.

"I know that a few clubs are interested in him," De Bruyne's agent, Patrick De Koster, told the paper.

Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking, though, does not believe the player will leave the club after only 18 months and added: "It's normal that clubs like Manchester United are interested in top players. That's an acknowledgement for his and our work."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKKak0MsKg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Kevin de Bruyne reckons he failed to make an impact at Chelsea because of his "small transfer fee".

The midfielder joined the Blues from Genk in January 2012 for around £7m but spent most of his time away from Stamford Bridge.

He was loaned back to the Belgian club before being sent out for a further spell with Werder Bremen, and was then finally sold in early 2014 to Bundesliga side Wolfsburg for a sum in the region of £16m.

"Maybe things would have been different if Chelsea had to pay €45m (£32m) and not €8m (£6.7m) when I arrived from Racing Genk," De Bruyne told Sport-BILD weekly.

"A higher transfer fee would have potentially handed me a different sort of status inside the club. And possibly, handed me more chances (to play more regularly)."

The 23-year-old, who played just three times, says he felt sidelined in west London.  

"Chelsea FC has not been the best choice at that point in time," he added.

"Being with Chelsea is like being in a different world. Manager Jose Mourinho did not explain to me why I was not playing more regularly for the club."

Wolfsburg are second in the Bundesliga – just eight points behind Bayern Munich – but while De Bruyne admits he feels far happier in Germany, he remains set on a second chance with a high-profile club.

"I feel very much at home with VfL Wolfsburg in this very moment," he added.

"Life in football can be fast-moving. Wolfsburg is not yet like Bayern Munich, of course and my biggest ambition is to play for a big European club – one I can win trophies with."

Kevin de Bruyne reckons he failed to make an impact at Chelsea because of his "small transfer fee".

The midfielder joined the Blues from Genk in January 2012 for around £7m but spent most of his time away from Stamford Bridge.

He was loaned back to the Belgian club before being sent out for a further spell with Werder Bremen, and was then finally sold in early 2014 to Bundesliga side Wolfsburg for a sum in the region of £16m.

"Maybe things would have been different if Chelsea had to pay €45m (£32m) and not €8m (£6.7m) when I arrived from Racing Genk," De Bruyne told Sport-BILD weekly.

"A higher transfer fee would have potentially handed me a different sort of status inside the club. And possibly, handed me more chances (to play more regularly)."

The 23-year-old, who played just three times, says he felt sidelined in west London.  

"Chelsea FC has not been the best choice at that point in time," he added.

"Being with Chelsea is like being in a different world. Manager Jose Mourinho did not explain to me why I was not playing more regularly for the club."

Wolfsburg are second in the Bundesliga – just eight points behind Bayern Munich – but while De Bruyne admits he feels far happier in Germany, he remains set on a second chance with a high-profile club.

"I feel very much at home with VfL Wolfsburg in this very moment," he added.

"Life in football can be fast-moving. Wolfsburg is not yet like Bayern Munich, of course and my biggest ambition is to play for a big European club – one I can win trophies with."

worst thing is... he ain't lying either

MUvCHE_TorresFail%5B1%5D.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Kevin De Bruyne's agent has confirmed having contact with Manchester City but said he has never been in contact with Manchester United.

"I have met the people from Manchester City and we know each other," De Koster said in The Guardian. "I've never spoken to anyone from Manchester United but a lot of other clubs have been in touch to find out some general information.

"I think with the season Kevin has had if we didn't have these questions then there would be something wrong. I saw [Mino] Raiola's quotes about taking 20 phone calls a day regarding Paul Pogba and it's the same situation for me and probably for the agent of Memphis Depay at the moment.

"Wolfsburg paid €24 million to Chelsea so I can see it being a lot more than that."

• 3 weeks later...

GK

RB CB CB Blind

Carrick

CM Mata

De Bruyne Rooney Depay

where is top 3 selected?

• 1 month later...