Borussia Dortmund

Mame Biram Diouf

No manager in a good job is going to seriously express any desire to manage Arsenal, while Arsene Wenger is in charge.

Until Wenger leaves it's just not even in your job prospects tbh.

Saying if it's a choice between Man Utd or Arsenal, Pep picking United every day of the week, from a Chelsea fan is a bit laughable for numerous reasons, especially when of course in your world Mourinho picked returning to Chelsea over replacing Fergie didn't he...

Infact talking of Mourinho, he calls Arsenal the dream job and I'm sure many many many managers think exactly the same... GREAT salary, FREE reign, patience, London and now money to spend, yeah of course it's United every day of the week...

Its not that your not spitting real talk, its more that your allowing yourself to get trolled by the anti Arsenal brigade aka the haters

It's not all real talk

A manager has free reign at Utd, ask Rene Muelensteen, ask Danny Welbeck.

How does having your finances restricted since Jesus was child constitute towards free reign?

Since when would Arsenal offer a more competitive salary that the richest sports club in the world?

The only factual attributes he's given which validates Arsenal manager being dream job is London, and patience for silverware.

The name Arsenal Football Club doesn't hold enough weight for PEP

Imagine..

Barcelona > Bayern > Arsenal

What a descent

You dont actually believe what you just wrote

Also the last few lines are utter trash

How can I not believe a question

Let me ask you a question...

Have you read his autobiography or the most recent book about his first season at Bayern?

I read his AB up to the point of him leaving for Barca then I put it down

Lmao at free reign

No such thing at major clubs. There is s bunch of hidden director of footballs at Utd,Arsenal and to a lesser extent chelsea . Only team with a lot of freedom imo is city due to their owners not interfering as much

Think before you type

Pellegrini has zero freedom

Soriano y Begiristain are in charge of recruitment

• Upvote 3

Lmao @ free reign at City

You have guys buying shit players for you and regardless of the quality of the signings will keep their jobs if you fail to coach them to success.

Rooney in 2013/14 season is the definition of a manager having free reign, no other manager in the league currently comes close to this.

FACT

Lmao at free reign

No such thing at major clubs. There is s bunch of hidden director of footballs at Utd,Arsenal and to a lesser extent chelsea . Only team with a lot of freedom imo is city due to their owners not interfering as much

Think before you type

further proves my point

No such thing as a free reign

I would love to see the list of players wenger,pellegrini,rodgers etc have had vetoed by DoF or club owners

/

There was a time abramovic was signing guys he had on fifa

You dont actually believe what you just wrote

Also the last few lines are utter trash

How can I not believe a question

Let me ask you a question...

Have you read his autobiography or the most recent book about his first season at Bayern?

I read his AB up to the point of him leaving for Barca then I put it down

Ok.

Firstly, I suggest you finish & read the second I mentioned. The 2nd one more so because essentially, it's a first hand account of how he is presently.

And the reason I ask, is because those books, in addition his own words & the words of those around him, indicate that managing like Arsenal is a desirable one for someone like him.

This isn't a comparative discussion where I believe any Arsenal fan has said, he'd choose Arsenal over United. I'm merely stating that once the job becomes available, the opportunity would be desired by pretty much every coach in the world bar Jose Mourinho for obvious reasons.

Pep would not go back to Spain, at least any time soon. It's unlikely he'd go to Italy even though I think he will one day, same goes for France. That leaves England. Now, going to City is a possibility only due to his relationship with Begiristain but the way that club is ran makes it unlikely for the manner in which he works. That leaves United & Arsenal. I can see many reasons why he'd go to United. I also see many reasons he would go to Arsenal.

The complete dismissal of the possibility of the latter is actually incredibly ignorant when you take everything into account & use context.

• Upvote 1

wenger got the most free reign but he acts like a levy anyway so doesnt matter

On the topic of free reign.

No manager has complete autonomy at a club. Arsene Wenger included.

However, at some clubs, you can manage. At other clubs, you can only coach.

What a coach like Pep prefers is hard to know but one thing I will say is 'managing' Barcelona took a massive toll on him physically, mentally & emotionally. He's welcomed the move to Bayern because it's arguably the best ran club in the world & allowed him to focus solely on on-field matters.

Reputation/ Past Achievements x Performance = Duration of Free Reign

Shit managers will never even see that formula.

true to a extent

Manager:i want to sign player x

Club:Ok player x is expensive n we are not sure we can recoup his fee if he flops

Club: we have been looking at player y, much cheaper and young

Club: those who vote for player x raise ur hand

Manager: i

Club: those who vote for player y raise ur hand

*The transfer committee raises hands*

Club: ok so u can have player y or put the money in the kitty and spend it in jan

90% sure this happens at LFC since the houllier era

Lmao at free reign

Think before you type

further proves my point

I would love to see the list of players wenger,pellegrini,rodgers etc have had vetoed by DoF or club owners

/

When was this time?

Lmao at free reign

Think before you type

further proves my point

/

When was this time?
when he signed sheva and the ancelotti era

Pretty sure roman pushed for the torres deal too. Most people could see torres wasnt physically as powerful anymore

Lmao at free reign

Think before you type

further proves my point

/

When was this time?
when he signed sheva and the ancelotti era

Pretty sure roman pushed for the torres deal too. Most people could see torres wasnt physically as powerful anymore

Yeah of course ??

I wish Shevchenko said no