MONEY & VIOLENCE

Lionel & Dave

anyone get into this yet?

did the first 8 eps yesterday and I can't lie, i'm involved.

web series, you can watch it all on youtube - follows the lives of a bunch of dust gawds trying to make ends meet in Brooklyn, doing whatever they can to make ends meet - robberies, drug deals, stings and scams

zero budget, non-existent production values, a cast that wouldn't get a walk on in The Wire.  reminiscent of the flashback scenes to the street situations OZ, or even Killa Season and any of those low budget hood movies that came out during the mixtape era of New York in the 00s

its saving grace is the underlying feel of authenticity, brought on by the cast who aren't actors by any stretch, but obviously understand the roles they are playing trhough real life experiences or what they have seen growing up

the curator, who also plays the lead role, Rafe, says the whole story is written off the back of his own real life experiences, and says he only recounting then with the intention of showing the youth that life as a dust gawd is not all its cracked up to be

someone post the first ep in here for some reason I cant copy and paste it in

havent watched but surely there must be more to black media than gangsters, rap, ,drugs , 'the streets' etc

its very tiresome

I hear that.

But there is a lane and demand for this kinda stuff

and since the wire I think one has been been long due

interestingly the current resident ofnBrooklyn can't relate to this.

havent watched but surely there must be more to black media than gangsters, rap, ,drugs , 'the streets' etc

its very tiresome

Is it condescending to say

You seem to have matured a lot lately?

lol Ive noticed this for a while

John Doe comes with the best comments these days tbh

• 11 months later...