Daley Blind

Mame Biram Diouf

His football brain looks leagues above 90% of our team. It is so nice to see a player control a ball, pass it accuracy and move into positions to receive the ball. Love his versatility too.

Can't cosign more, looks very comfortable on the ball, always waits that split second longer than the average player to pick the pass.

Haven't seen him play in defence often but I'm sure when he did he didn't impress me, rather him in the MF.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been saying from long time he would be our best signing.

No one else in that midfield is on his wave length in terms of being comfortable & looking natural on the ball . Apart from OG Carrick & Numbers Mata

Needs a strong , technical box 2 box midfielder around him.

agreed looks a bit light physically wise but he will grow as time goes on

Blind is making Rojo look better the same way Matic makes Terry and Cahil look better, whereas Blind is playing next to Rooney or Di Maria who leave him by himself

He is very rash at times and gets caught out of position quite a bit from what I have observed so far, he does have that aggressive south american look but he needs to become more dominant in the air too, against Swansea him and Jones were getting beaten time and time again

But at 24 he has a lot of potential and I expect him to develop into a really good CB, very impressed with it being his first season in England with injuries and playing next to Jones and Evans at times

• Downvote 1

• 4 months later...

On Daley Blind becoming a long-term centre-back: “It could be. Marcos Rojo is not here. He shall also come on 25 July. I want to play always with a left-footed central defender and Blind can do the job. Maybe he shall play there but all the players can play there. Last year it was Jones and Smalling, and even McNair has played there. But my preference is a left-footed defender and with Rojo and Blind we have two.”

• 2 weeks later...

Been made 1st choice centerback.

• 3 weeks later...

watching mnf

he was marshaling that defence 

dreading another center back playing next to smalling will go back to being chris not mike