Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mame Biram Diouf

Your Vocabulary

59 posts in this topic

How would you rate it out of 10?

Are you able to define most of the words you use to a good enough standard for somebody to understand the meaning of the word or do you just throw bigger words in that you know a partial meaning of and just know what context to use it in

Starting reading books again and listening to good interviews and I am having to stop every few minutes to look up a word, my vocab has stalled hard over the last few years, been taking steps to correct it since the start of the year.

/

reading is defo the best thing for it

I'm probs a solid 4. The amount of tabs I end up opening on wikipedia cause I need the definition for one of the words in a definition :lol:

Vocab isn't the best, wouldn't pull someone up about theirs as I don't rate mine too much.

Solid 7

lol at some people saying anything above 9

only way that's possible is if you can read a book like Ulysses unassisted, then I guess you could hold that accolade lol 

Weird, when I'm around well spoken people the level is high

When I'm around badly spoken people i'll drop down 

then up for bants

Solid 7

only way that's possible is if you can read a book like Ulysses unassisted, then I guess you could hold that accolade lol 

ive read stuff more challenging and havent struggled... (with definitions at least lol)

/

imo it is really just a case of reading alot, and also reading from worthwhile sources

reminds me of the topic when Lens said his Grammar is 10/10

Solid 7

ive read stuff more challenging and havent struggled... (with definitions at least lol)

/

imo it is really just a case of reading alot, and also reading from worthwhile sources

Lad you aren't fooling no one.

Solid 7

/

More challenging than Ulysses yeah?  :lmao:

/

vocabulary is more than just defining a word, its also how you articulate the words you use in a sentence and also the execution of it

/

my execution is poor.  I am very good at articulating myself in written format because I can sit and think about it but lacking in general speech 

my execution is poor.  I am very good at articulating myself in written format because I can sit and think about it but lacking in general speech

This is me, my written work emails are so profesh

If the best on here is 10 then 9.5 I dip in and out of di slango here and there, but I consider myself a wordy poster. 

If we're talking about articulacy in the wider scheme of life then 7.5

Solid 7

/

Lad you aren't fooling no one.

fooling anyone about what 

its a topic about vocabulary ffs

why would i, or anyone, lie about their fuckin vocabulary  :lmao:

Cause you've hardly used an extensive vocab on here.

lol i use words as i see fit

i dont need to crowbar in fancy words into what i say either on here or real life to prove i know different words

Stephen Fry is probably on a 9 so base yourself against that.

/

I would say a 5, definetly stalled recently along with my spelling due to spell check.

I adapt well to my environments though.

ur also clearly really dim odml

have u stopped blazin yet kid

u on track to get a 2.1 or what?

we all worry about u

Only because I interact with people who have a far superior vocabulary to my own, I'm going to give myself a 7. I could hardly keep up with the high society folks, but I use words like Remonstrate, Caveat, Hyperbole, Innocuous, Amalgamate and Deprecate fluidly without looking like a d*ckhead.

So yeah those 6 words are at the upper limit of my Vocab, I don't get more extreme then that

Oh I typed out "Preliminarily" yesterday in an email unsure if it was even a word, to my suprise it was.