Do you talk to your neighbours?

underwriter

Uk thing

not so sure,

back in the day the road I grew up in was predominantly white and most of them were friendly and communicable

Had street parties from time to time during them war memorial days and shit like that 

but then the Asians and blax started moving in then all that stopped lol. Nobody says shit to anybody no more 

i looked out my window and saw an asian man come out his house and it just made me think that hes lives there im sure for more than 15 years and ive never spoken to him along with the other various people on my road

it would be kinda nice to go to neighbours houses and jam... u no what i mean

(couple years back a white family opposite our house 4 doors up gave us a christmas card saying come over)...

we never went over... till this day i remember that christmas card... such a par

I think this type of thing is more prevalent in London. You lot are anti social as fuck.

Everywhere I lived in Liverpool we knew most of the neighbours and spoke to them. Same in one of the residential areas I lived at in Manchester.

I do think it's probably a generational thing though and especially in London so much of it is rented properties so tenants are barely there longer than a year and different cultures that people have just become stand-offish towards.

I've just always been on auto-pilot....like everyone else I guess...

Never even thought about how strange it is to walk past familiar strangers really..... but in retrospect... it is actually rude

I'm going to make an effort to acknowledge as many people on my road as possible over the next few days and see what happens

• Upvote 1

Always say hello.

However if they stop collecting my deliveries when I'm out, I stop talking to them.

top reason really

Funny you bring up the parcel ting.

I would rather my neighbours didn't take in my shit if its going to be a long ting getting it back.

One set of neighbours, it took near enough a fucking week to get my parcel, I actually called the company to say I couldn't get it, and how the people had stolen it.

Whenever I take in someones shit, im eager to get it out of my yard, therefore im constantly trying to drop it off to them, seems this isn't the norm as I've had to chase down diff neighbours for my stuff.

But deffo a London ting on the stiffness, just seems everywhere outside of LDN people seem more sociable

Always say hello.

However if they stop collecting my deliveries when I'm out, I stop talking to them.

top reason really

Funny you bring up the parcel ting.

I would rather my neighbours didn't take in my shit if its going to be a long ting getting it back.

One set of neighbours, it took near enough a fucking week to get my parcel, I actually called the company to say I couldn't get it, and how the people had stolen it.

Would make me mad.

You know what I find more weird is how you can see someone in your bits, everyday and never ever speak or even nod to them... Then see them in a completely different ends just once and then greet them lol.

I know I can't be the only one, that has experienced this.

yeah lol

You know what I find more weird is how you can see someone in your bits, everyday and never ever speak or even nod to them... Then see them in a completely different ends just once and then greet them lol.

I know I can't be the only one, that has experienced this.

Yo this happened a couple weeks ago, guy been going to my gym for the last year or so and I see him nearly every week ffs

Bump into him in Tesco and we strike up a convo for the first time ever. Yeah that's odd