German Airbus A320 Plane Crashes In French Alps

Mame Biram Diouf

Bottom line is , you can never be 100% sure you'll make it to other end or not , is it worth the risk , nowadays?

Suppose the same logic can be applied to most things in life.

What do you mean is it worth the risk of flying nowadays, what days are these?

looking back @ that bit perhaps its a over the top but i dno it just seems like there's been a lot of plane incidents , to me anyways

I must be misinformed.

Regardless , i'm just taking the view from someone who doesn't know the statistics & all you see every few months is something about a plane.

That argument about " the chances of you going down bla bla bla " is 100% valid though.

i remember when my flight got canceled coming back from Portugal during the smoke in the clouds or whatever it was. flew back the next day.

pops was going mad that i left in the first place , handkerchief touched his forehead AT LEAST 100 times during my flight back.

//

Bottom line is , you can never be 100% sure you'll make it to other end or not , is it worth the risk , nowadays?

Mate, just look at this:

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/

Realise how many planes are in the air at all times, and these are just the commercial ones.

It's very safe.

I do still take a deep breath when we prepare to land however..

Very safe? Can you say that with 100% confidence , no.

Could you say that to the families of the victims involved in this incident , no

I get what you're saying though and i don't need to be convinced as i will fly this year in fact. All i'm saying is ITS PEAK FOR AIRLINES RIGHT NOW.

That argument about " the chances of you going down bla bla bla " is 100% valid though.

i remember when my flight got canceled coming back from Portugal during the smoke in the clouds or whatever it was. flew back the next day.

pops was going mad that i left in the first place , handkerchief touched his forehead AT LEAST 100 times during my flight back.

//

Mate, just look at this:

Realise how many planes are in the air at all times, and these are just the commercial ones.

It's very safe.

Could you say that to the families of the victims involved in this incident , no

1. Yes

2. Yes

Doesn't mean it isn't very safe

the statistical risk of death via a plane crash is incredibly small

Yeah, statistically, it is very safe

If I were to die in a plane crash tomorrow, it would still be very safe

//

Mate, just look at this:

It's very safe.

I get what you're saying though and i don't need to be convinced as i will fly this year in fact. All i'm saying is ITS PEAK FOR AIRLINES RIGHT NOW.

Yes, it is very safe..

Isn't the stat, you're more likely dying in a car crash on the way to the airport that whilst on the plane.

//

Mate, just look at this:

It's very safe.

1. Yes

2. Yes

Doesn't mean it isn't very safe

the statistical risk of death via a plane crash is incredibly small

Yeah, statistically, it is very safe

If I were to die in a plane crash tomorrow, it would still be very safe

Fair enough lads.

Exactly the fear is that you have no control and your putting all your trust in someone you hear ovet the tannoy for 10 seconds

And knowing that if you do crash survival rate is almost zero

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32087203

Duesseldorf's University Hospital issued a statement (in German) saying Mr Lubitz had attended the hospital on 10 March and last month.

Adding that it had handed his medical records over to prosecutors, it said reports the co-pilot had been treated there for depression were incorrect.

Germany's Rheinischer Post newspaper, which spoke to the hospital, quoted its own unnamed sources as saying Mr Lubitz had been suffering from a physical, rather than a mental, illness.

come on this guy is a blatant patsy

What would be the point? You think 'someone' wanted to kill someone on the plane?

not even

just that someone needs to take the blame for this shit and its easier to build up a "crazed co pilot" narrative with this guy not around to defend himself than it is to say germanwings/lufthansa flopped as a company or whatever

come on this guy is a blatant patsy

What would be the point? You think 'someone' wanted to kill someone on the plane?

not even

just that someone needs to take the blame for this shit and its easier to build up a "crazed co pilot" narrative with this guy not around to defend himself than it is to say germanwings/lufthansa flopped as a company or whatever

There is some truth in that to an extent.

some truth ? to an extent ? lol alright

cant be believing these daemons willy nilly in 2015

from the jump some of the statements being dropped had alarm bells ringing

like bigs said politician police government me nah trust none of them boy there

• Upvote 1

Not really sure what's to gain in this particular case tho.

Airline are obvs gonna be amping up the crazed pilot line, makes them look less responsible (i agree with you there). I don't know enough about the system to know if the Airline could've pulled this guy before it happened.

I'm assuming neither do you? so you can't really label him a patsy when there really may have been no way to stop this.

and the fact that it's happened before and been so rare suggests it's extremely difficult to do so.

The guy may not be around to defend himself but that voice recording is hard to deny.

saving face, thats it and thats more than enough tbh, ppl lie to save face all day

Airline are obvs gonna be amping up the crazed pilot line, makes them look less responsible (i agree with you there). I don't know enough about the system to know if the Airline could've pulled this guy before it happened.

I'm assuming neither do you? so you can't really label him a patsy when there really may have been no way to stop this.

if like you say there was no way to stop this then obvs its not right that theyre tryna put everything on the co pilot, thats why i called him a patsy

and the fact that it's happened before and been so rare suggests it's extremely difficult to do so.

The guy may not be around to defend himself but that voice recording is hard to deny.

haven't heard d voice recording whats the contents?

"the co pilot is not known to have a terrorist background"

"the attack is not believed to have been a terrorist act"

"the prosecutors are not calling this a suicide"

"the prosecutors are calling this deliberate"

"last plane check was in 2013"

"the co-pilot had treatments for mental health and relationship troubles"

to me its just a non aggressive smear job, alrede been said that that mental health thing was really a physical health so thats a blatant example, another is when reports were saying he was still breathing when the plane was going down indicating he was alive and therefore guilty, its not he cudnt have been having a panic attack/pissing his pants or w/e. it could mean one or the other but where we dont know exactly what happened them things are gonna be interpreted in whatever fuckery way they can be to you know line it up

like they aint really going in on him proper but enough to let you know this was entirely his fault

29 November 2013;

LAM Mozambique Airlines Embraer 190; C9-EMC; flight 470; Bwabwata National Park, Namibia: The aircraft was on a scheduled international flight from Maputo, Mozambique to Luanda, Angola. While the aircraft was cruising at 38,000 feet, the captain apparently put the aircraft into a rapid descent, at one point triggering an overspeed warning. The aircraft crashed about seven minutes after the descent began. Reportedly, the first officer was outside of the cockpit and the cockpit voice recorder picked up the sound of the first officer apparently banging on the cockpit door and attempting regain entry. The captain, the other five crew members, and all 27 passengers were killed in the crash. 

Almost identical 

• Upvote 1

29 June 2012; Tianjin Airlines; Embraer ERJ 190; B-3171; flight 7554; en route Hotan to Urumqi, China: The aircraft was on a scheduled domestic flight from Hotan to Urumqi, China, when three hijackers attempted to take over the aircraft. The hijackers reportedly carried explosives and attempted to break into the cockpit. The hijackers were subdued by passengers and crew members, and the aircraft returned to Hotan. Two of the three hijackers later died of injuries received during a fight with the crew and passengers. None of the the nine crew members or the 89 passengers were killed.

That's a mad story too

• Upvote 1

saving face, thats it and thats more than enough tbh, ppl lie to save face all day

if like you say there was no way to stop this then obvs its not right that theyre tryna put everything on the co pilot, thats why i called him a patsy

haven't heard d voice recording whats the contents?

"the co pilot is not known to have a terrorist background"

"the attack is not believed to have been a terrorist act"

"the prosecutors are not calling this a suicide"

"the prosecutors are calling this deliberate"

"last plane check was in 2013"

"the co-pilot had treatments for mental health and relationship troubles"

to me its just a non aggressive smear job, alrede been said that that mental health thing was really a physical health so thats a blatant example, another is when reports were saying he was still breathing when the plane was going down indicating he was alive and therefore guilty, its not he cudnt have been having a panic attack/pissing his pants or w/e. it could mean one or the other but where we dont know exactly what happened them things are gonna be interpreted in whatever f*ckery way they can be to you know line it up

like they aint really going in on him proper but enough to let you know this was entirely his fault

Fair points until you realise he locked the door so the other pilot couldnt get in