Brushing Your Teeth

underwriter

Who's on the electric toothbrush wave? I've been looking at a few

Have been using this since last summer, it's very impressive - makes u not want to touch a toothbrush ever in your life again. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HX9332-04-DiamondClean-Rechargeable/dp/B004TQ3O54/ref=sr_1_14?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1428961861&sr=1-14&keywords=philips%2C+sonicare

Benefits? 

Does a very good job of cleaning - 2 minutes along the gum lines and you're done. I've had gum problems for a few years and have had to have surgery - this has by far improved my gums. 

It also has 5 modes you can chose from

Comes with 2 brush heads in box but you can buy different ones - the 2 work fine for me. 

Battery life is excellent - had a previous e-toothbrush (Oral B )that lasted about a week full charge  - this one last 3 weeks with full charge. 

2 ways you can charge - A glass charging cup and a travel case that has a usb port - just plug it into your laptop or any usb charger. Very handy.

and It's sleek as f*ck.  Got it in black.

All round it's a good investment. It has improved my gum health & teeth immensely 

Who's on the electric toothbrush wave? I've been looking at a few

Have been using this since last summer, it's very impressive - makes u not want to touch a toothbrush ever in your life again.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HX9332-04-DiamondClean-Rechargeable/dp/B004TQ3O54/ref=sr_1_14?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1428961861&sr=1-14&keywords=philips%2C+sonicare

That's the one I've looked at, I'm looking to find it for cheaper lol

I bought it on Amazon, I had a look around last year and the one on Amazon was the cheapest I could find. Hope you can find it cheaper elsewhere now.

I got a Sonicare toothbrush, 30 seconds on each quarter of the mouth and an additional 15 seconds each on the front two and bottom two. I drink black coffee and smoke way too much weed and my teeth are pearly white.

It's just about consistency, don't miss a brush. No matter how drunk/high you are, if you brush properly morning and night you'll be bless.

• 3 years later...

Purchased a Philips Sonicare DiamondClean in May 2015, it was dead by March 2017, replaced under warranty (was just within the 2 year) and it died today.

£100 for 3.5 years (+ maybe £50 in heads) I guess is decent. But I really dislike how apparent the planned obsolescence feels.

Any new recommendations? 

7 hours ago, dub said:

Purchased a Philips Sonicare DiamondClean in May 2015, it was dead by March 2017, replaced under warranty (was just within the 2 year) and it died today.

£100 for 3.5 years (+ maybe £50 in heads) I guess is decent. But I really dislike how apparent the planned obsolescence feels.

Any new recommendations? 

Had issues with 2 of my diamond cleans, ended up buying a new one earlier this year as my last one was making a loud noise and it was out of warranty.

From my understanding a lot of the sonicares power wise are all the same, you could probably get away with buying one of the cheaper models. The heads all fit.

Although I think if my sonicare plays up again I’ll give the oral b electric brushes a shot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Thanks for that cuzz.

Might have to be a dentist ting. Ive seen a lot worst teeth than mine but they definitely as white as i would like them to be

Worth it imo, got compliments all summer?

Need to do a touch up still.

If you’re going through the dentist don’t bother with that in office blue light stuff, just get a home kit with trays you’ll get better results.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking at prices for Invisalign thinking is it worth it.

Had braces years back, slacked on retainer for a bit teeth moved. Still get compliments about my teeth and smile.

But there’s imperfections that I notice and wanna correct.

Found my old teeth moulds when I first got my braces off.

Moral of the story don’t slack in retainers if you get braces. Teeth will start to shift back quite quickly.

Wanna get some work done on my front teeth as well.

Go Hungary/Poland/Turkey etc....

flight/hotel/work all comes out cheaper and they have better dentists 

surely that is if you are having a 'one off' job though, wouldn't braces need to be tightened/adjusted every few weeks etc?

Invisalign seems to have a specific remit of what it will successfully fix, otherwise you will be investing in the trays for nothing, but a dentist will still push it for their cut