Beating kids

Guest babatundestacks

Never done it to my kids even though I used to get licks from my Dad. 

I believe you can discipline without being physical. 

However, if I have to do it I will...I will do whats necessary when the situation calls for it

So far my methods have worked 

It's funny though cause some yout's do not respond at all to beatings.Just end up laughing @ the parent.  A chat sometimes does wonders instead of the 0-100 approach.

YOU have to change your parenting style to adapt to the child's personality. Not the other way around , they do not understand.

But there are other ways of getting your point across.

Kneel-with-a-stone-640.jpg

Got some serious beatings when I was younger #WoodenSpoonGang.. Not only have I grown up with nothing but respect for my elders but I could also look after myself because someone my own age couldn't hurt me any where close to what that spoon could

Used to see dons telling their parents to fuck off n all sorts, don't think my parents have ever heard me swear

"If ya cyant hear you muss feel"

• Upvote 2

Got some serious beatings when I was younger #WoodenSpoonGang.. Not only have I grown up with nothing but respect for my elders but I could also look after myself because someone my own age couldn't hurt me any where close to what that spoon could

Used to see dons telling their parents to f*ck off n all sorts, don't think my parents have ever heard me swear

"If ya cyant hear you muss feel"

ahh yes , the wooden spoon. 

Them ones where your mum/dad would send you to get it and you were shook to give it to them cause the second they get hold of it is the same second it slaps you.

My view is some sort of violence/self defence has to be introduced to all young males growing up because it's apart of the sad world we live in, knowing how to fight and having street smarts is a part of being a man IMO

I come from a family of fighters though so my view is biased

Can't be babying kids all the time, generations getting softer as it is.. Not even allowed to climb trees anymore in case they fall out kmt

• Upvote 1

My view is some sort of violence/self defence has to be introduced to all young males growing up because it's apart of the sad world we live in, knowing how to fight and having street smarts is a part of being a man IMO

I come from a family of fighters though so my view is biased

Can't be babying kids all the time, generations getting softer as it is.. Not even allowed to climb trees anymore in case they fall out kmt

That's preposterous

Beating your kids won't achieve this.

Chuck them in Kickboxing lessons or something.

Tbh I was speaking generally and off topic.. I'm not saying beating your kids will do it but you have to learn that doing bad things can have hurtful consequences, I really don't see how telling a kid off with words or taking something away can get thru to them as much as a hard slap on the ass can.. Saying "beating" always sounds worse than it actually is

You never see black kids screaming and shouting in public, always the White 1s because black parents are generally more for beatings and white parents are generally more "don't do again Robert that's naughty"

From this hypothetical situation, which child grows up better?

/

There's a way to teach a child, violence isn't it.

Zizou said it right:

violence against little humans who's minds are still developing doesn't seem like a great idea

It's not even about the beatings its about instilling respect , and making sure that there is a understanding and consequence for actions.I got the beatings deal , belts, slaps ,slippers etc  but there came a time around age 11-12 where I just didn't care, it didn't stop  me from doing anything and honestly I didn't even fear it, if it happened then it happened 

I'd never beat my daughter, infact currently I have to do very little to discipline her, a beating would accomplish the exact opposite id be trying to do in 99% of situations.I worked far far to hard to have my daughter in my life to ever physically harm her too

/

that not even to mention the school situation ..... they will call social services on ANYTHING, they even hear a child talking to his bredin about how his dad slapped him for being naughty....... 

while I am aware thats not even the point, its real.

• Upvote 1

i remember i used to mess about outside and end up breaking a neighbours window or suttin and my dad would call me in, stand at the door, I'd have to run underneath his arm knowing full well I'm receiving 1 dirty slap on the way in.. Had to give it a couple false starts to try catch him out.. Never worked

My sis kid needs a few beats gave him money 2 go get bread n milk wen on holiday boy ran of wid doe told his dad the checkout people neva gave him change... His dad stormd down the shop gt the change sumhow he is only 8 bareface lyin to dad n he bleaved him aswell i looked at my sis like he runs the house allready spoilt shit needs a good beat no respect 4 elders wot so eva