Nicolas Otamendi

Mame Biram Diouf

1400x99424-e1426679010870.jpg

Otamendi, 27, had a superb campaign with Valencia, scoring six times and leading a defence which helped secure fourth place in La Liga and Champions League football next season.

That form earned him a starting place in the Argentina team for the Copa America, and has also led to reported interest from United and Real Madrid, with his agent Eugenio Lopez saying last month that he has an offer to join an unnamed top club.

Speaking to ESPN from the Albiceleste's Copa America camp, the tough centre-back said that he stood over everything that Lopez has said, although for the moment he is concentrating on his international duties.

"The truth is that I am enjoying being with the national team, at the Copa America, where there is a lot of responsibility to wear the jersey," Otamendi said. "I spoke at the time with my agent, and Valencia know very well what I want.

"Every word my agent says is obviously with my authorisation, with whoever he needs to speak with. At the moment, as I said, my head is fully with the national team, to be able to perform at the maximum when I get to play, and to enjoy this unique moment."

Otamendi did admit to having a meeting with Valencia president Amadeo Salvo at the end of last season, a meeting in which he and Lopez reportedly made clear their plans to move on after just one year at the Mestalla.

"I had a chat with the president [salvo] and my agent, and he knows very well what I want," he said. "But now I have told my agent that my head is here [in Chile] and I will leave it in his hands to do what he must do."

Looks like it is getting closer to happening

What are everyones thoughts on this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agreed a 5 year deal with man city