Mixed Relationships

Admin.

I do agree its cultural, but it definitely happens in London as well.

Take the guys at my school for example (may have been memories from 10 years ago but I can't imagine much has changed). The black kids would stick with the black kids, the white with the white, Turkish with the Turkish. There were a few random guys in each group from other races and a few mixed groups but you could see there was definitely racial grouping.

Sports brought people together though. 

people will initially gravitate towards those with a similar cultural background.

This tbh

In the dressing room from past experience you are more likely to gravitate to someone from the inner city as opposed to someone from the shires as you have more in common. 

/

But I have been around blacks & mixed race people all my life who are basically white.. (uno that sheesh, towie, made in chelsea, dstrkt etc crowd)

I know a lot of black / mixed people who rarely encounter black people and don't really mix with blacks because of their jobs and where they live. A lot of my family are privately educated, they have maybe one or two black pals but they are in predominantly white circles and I doubt they will end up with a black partner.

Me I mix with everyone, often I'm the only black in a circle, I'm well spoken, educated all that lark but don't get it twisted I'm a black boy from the ends - palace pavillion, rex, south links east, ghetto vs woolwich all that, so it's very easy to find common ground with other black males in their mid 20's as we've had a similar trajectory.

We do need to see more blacks in certain places, I go to a members only club around mayfair and I always get haps when I see another black posted in the spot.

But some blacks do try and act brand new once they have gained some success, the ones that belittle black culture & think they are superior coz they have white chums make me sick  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

last line described certain posters on here to a T

/

they talking about it on BT sports 1 now

Also I spit upon the term 'black culture' since there is no such thing, just pure stereotypes built in the U.S. and exported globally.

My ethnic culture is very different to slang and rap.

Thats more a reflection upon your understanding of "Black Culture" rather than that which actually constitutes the culture. That you associate slang and rap with black culture exclusively, is evidence that your own opinion of said culture is based on "just pure stereotypes built in the U.S. and exported globally."  

• Upvote 2

lol its peak man was just gonna back it for captain planet till i see that post like, not cause im into those things but because im pretty sure if you asked him what white culture is it'd be pub and football, maybe mergers and acquisitions if he wants to play it smart. 

stereotypes exist for a reason

anyway this is a good thread, pictures are worth a thousand words and this one come like a novella.

297B001500000578-3131903-image-m-12_1434

still since these boys r all obviously in that younger age bracket you talking about ice (late teens) i find it surprising that you're surprised at how they moving

What's the age group of them lads?

first thing on my mind, found it weird it got negged till i c most posts got negged

people will initially gravitate towards those with a similar cultural background.

Same way if you put a bunch of black people in a room who didn't know each other, the aff's would group together, the jamos, the malis etc etc

i disagree with this but it might be due to me growing up in an area were these groups r super close. i think class is more important cause end of the day we're all black. can i relate to you and can you relate to me. i see someone mention white dons from up north. good ppl. sometimes.

I wish I had black people to relate with in my occupation

i feel your pain. catch 22 for you all the time im afraid. even as a black man i feel prickish for maybe thinking this nigga thinks his better than all of us. its like why. because he's dared to succeed in a white mans world. i should be pointing you out to my children. but cause of some comments u make which i take for self loathing (probably stemming from the difficulty of being black and remaining black in a white mans world) its hard.

n u actually said u man step up innit lmfao

This tbh

In the dressing room from past experience you are more likely to gravitate to someone from the inner city as opposed to someone from the shires as you have more in common. 

/

But I have been around blacks & mixed race people all my life who are basically white.. (uno that sheesh, towie, made in chelsea, dstrkt etc crowd)

I know a lot of black / mixed people who rarely encounter black people and don't really mix with blacks because of their jobs and where they live. A lot of my family are privately educated, they have maybe one or two black pals but they are in predominantly white circles and I doubt they will end up with a black partner.

Me I mix with everyone, often I'm the only black in a circle, I'm well spoken, educated all that lark but don't get it twisted I'm a black boy from the ends - palace pavillion, rex, south links east, ghetto vs woolwich all that, so it's very easy to find common ground with other black males in their mid 20's as we've had a similar trajectory.

We do need to see more blacks in certain places, I go to a members only club around mayfair and I always get haps when I see another black posted in the spot.

But some blacks do try and act brand new once they have gained some success, the ones that belittle black culture & think they are superior coz they have white chums make me sick  

gz.

Also I spit upon the term 'black culture' since there is no such thing, just pure stereotypes built in the U.S. and exported globally.

My ethnic culture is very different to slang and rap.

Thats more a reflection upon your understanding of "Black Culture" rather than that which actually constitutes the culture. That you associate slang and rap with black culture exclusively, is evidence that your own opinion of said culture is based on "just pure stereotypes built in the U.S. and exported globally."

You want to be smart eh?

If you ask someone in the street what constitutes 'black culture' something very much along those lines is what they would reciprocate. That is 'black culture' to the masses, I won't wave that flag.

There is no such thing as 'black culture', there I said it again, let's attack CP for going against the forum consensus.

Yeah my friendship group is a mix of all races and religions, which is actually pretty cool, because it's not that common

I'm seeing a girl, she's black, and we were sat on the underground a couple weeks ago having been out for something to eat. I was in a suit, she was in professional clothing too (she's a psychologist), we're both presentable looking. Keeping ourselves to ourselves. Then there was this old couple, looked like your standard middle to upper class elderly couple, eyeballing the shit out of us and I couldn't fathom a reason as to why aside from the fact that we were a mixed couple. I've dated asian and black girls in the past and never actually experienced it, maybe I'm lucky, but this time it was blatant as fuck. 

suspicion?

of what?

look pal you see a lot of white and black people being friends...the white lads love the urban credibility conferred upon them 

the black lads like the validation of the white male... 

the ex slaves share the culture and religions of their white creators 

you see a lot less of this with asian/arab and white males because neither of us have anything to gain from each other... they'l deal with us when they want our food and thats about it

we'l deal with them if we date their women or work with em...aside from that its the usual mutual suspicion and tolerance

we are the ones who live the sharp end of racism in this country ironically, not the shouting up and down blacks

the interesting thing about these england photos was the fact there were equal BLACK and WHITE faces

not a single chinese asian arab or south american face .. AND NOT A SINGLE COMMENT ABOUT WHY THAT IS

think on that buddy

/

Because you lot are shit at football and would rather play Cricket

• Upvote 5

Asian guys aren't good at football though. (in response to that last bit)

South Americans... yeah maybe there's something to say about that but considering the low amount of South Americans that there are in the country its not surprising (there's like 1 South American to every 10 black people in London - but that doesn't speak about the rest of the country).

I hear you about that whole 'validation' spiel though, I think most non-whites have that same thing, I reckon its the idea that if you've got white friends then you have validation that the (majority white) society accepts you. While I doubt that's really a thought going through people's minds I reckon its probably a subconscious influence.