7/7

Vertigo

Still for me one of the weirdest days I've had in London. Looking back now it was a pretty surreal day.

I just remembered seeing loads of fire engines, police, ambulances rushing up towards central while I was going down towards Peckham, wasn't until I got to work and turned on the TV that I realised what was happening. Fro the initial tube incident to the bus blowing up.

Although the day was filled with dark humour. I was on the bus going back home with the wifey and some indian guy with a massive backpack got on. I've never seen a bus of people tense up so quickly. Some people even got off when they saw him. That guy must have felt like shit.

I even got the bewildered look when I carried a camera and tripod bag onto the tube about two days later, people were shook.

• Upvote 1

The maddest thing was a few weeks before they carried out an operation in preparation for an attempted attack in the same areas

And the footage looked exactly the same on tv

They just done another preparation last week for a rogue gunman, hope that dont happen too

/

I could have been caught up in the madness had some college work to hand in late but went to a funeral instead was there like woah

Heard so many close call stories like that its mad - deciding to take a different route, missing a train etc.

I remember I had bunked school that day. I was on the way to Peckham as well, and everyone had to get off the bus. Had no idea what was going on.

Who remembers the reports of a man shot dead by armed police at Canary Wharf?

I do. if you believe the conspiracies it was one of the bombers who was trying to get to a newspaper for protection, as he thought he was doing a staged attack not a real one...

I was working in cannon Street.

Went to get some Krispy Kreme for lunch to people sprinting out the station and the shutters being closed

Went back to the office and there was a helicopter flying round the building as we watching it on TV. My manager at the time dropped me £100 and called a black cab.

Surreal experience

the reason I hate northerners to this day

those northern inbred stanis and that tag along rent-a-coon germaine lindsey ruined it for ethnic minorities

nothing has been the same since really

jean charles was gunned down

I think I was always racially aware but my identity truly crystalized after 7/7

nah 9/11 is what really shook the west and islam your saying shit was sweet the four years prior to 7/7?

All I know is I was in Canary Wharf waiting, and I see the army running through the streets, snipers on bare roofs and it was not a drill.

Roads where blocked and shots definitely went off.

Getting home was LONG.

Couldn't get on or off trains.

and I did not hear one news report about it.