Bastian Schweinsteiger: Man Utd are taking a 'gamble'

Admin.

1 hour ago, Heero Yuy said:

I don't get why he's making him train alone and with the u23's

Wouldnt be Jose if he didnt act like a cunt somehow

What did he say?

1st question was about Bastian and whether the reports are true.

"I had to make my decisions. Simple. It happens at every club on the world," said former Chelsea boss Mourinho.

United have been linked with a £100m-plus move for Juventus' Paul Pogba.

While reluctant to mention the 23-year-old France international by name, Mourinho added a big signing should be completed in a matter of days.

"We have 22 players now," he said. "We will have 23.

"He is a Juve player until officially he isn't. The market closes on 31 August. We are trying to everything to close market as quickly as possible, before 14 August."

1. Question: Could you clear up the situation with Bastian Schweinsteiger and what's actually happening with him?

2. 14:04

Mourinho: What is happening? What's happening is happening in every club in the world. The manager decides his squad and chooses a certain number of players to face the season, and that's it. I normally like to work with 20 players, plus the three goalkeepers, which is what I do for 15 years.

We have so many players, but at the same time we have so many competitions, particularly the Europa League competition, it's a competition that changes the profile of the season because you can play 15 matches. You play on the Thursday and you have a big risk from travelling a lot. Normally you are going to play the Premier League on the Sundays. So I made the decision to play with 23 players, plus three goalkeepers, which I think is still a lot. I had to make my decisions. It's simple.

3. 14:05

Question: So he doesn't have a Manchester United future, but you've got that squad then, it's ready. Does that include a big, big signing over the next few days?

4. 14:06

Mourinho: Yes. We have 22 now and I want us to have 23.

• 2 weeks later...

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Badman said:

link?

disgusting if true

Bastian Schweinsteiger was blocked from playing in Manchester United’s Under-23 team by Jose Mourinho, according to reports.

In the Sunday People, Steve Bates reports that reserve team manager Warren Joyce asked Mourinho if he could pick the World Cup winner.

Schweinsteiger has been completely frozen out of the first-team picture by Mourinho, failing to make a matchday squad in any competition.

It now appears than it’s not just the first team that Schweinsteiger is banned from playing in.

Mourinho reportedly told Joyce that Schweinsteiger was not available for any of the club’s teams, and was only permitted to train.

It marks another blow in the relationship between Joyce and Manchester United, who is a reported target for Wigan Athletic.

Joyce has been critical of United’s young players, and is reportedly unhappy at the amount of players loaned out by the club.

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-blocked-schweinsteiger-from-playing-in-u23s

• 4 months later...