Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gambino

Shenmue III

14 posts in this topic

It's early days but it needed it's own topic. Only 66 hours to go, it might just make the $5 Million mark.

I bet they were expecting more from this Kickstarter.

Sad how we will miss out on 'features' simply because of greed.

Not sure. I think the extended goals were constantly added after they shot up to the $2 Mill mark in 12 hours. He's got other sources of funding as well as the fact they might still be planning on bringing a PayPal option for funding which everyone is crying out for. I'd obviously love to see it get the full open world experience.

I just want a decent game. I can see this ending up being too ambitious and not being fun.

Want the story to continue and hopefully it retains some emotional/immersive feeling to it. I doubt it will have the same magic it did back in 99/2000 though. It was groundbreaking back then.

It's all good and well getting Shenmue 3 but Originally Shenmue was supposed to have something like 20 chapters/games

I'm not that hyped about the game because something is telling me it will be rushed

This is coming from a big Shenmue fan, so many good memories

It was originally meant to have 4 or 5 games. He wants to make number 4 after this one but it will need to have some level of success. SEGA should really capitalize on this by releasing Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on PS4.

I have no idea where the story is going to go. It's gone from being a normal tale of a guy in his town looking revenge on someone to ending with some sword and fantasy type thing. That's the only thing that worries me, I don't want it to stray too far away from realism.

And the record is broken. Shenmue III is now the most funded video game in Kickstarter history.

Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast selling for £100+. Pissed someone must of borrowed mine and never gave it me back years ago.