SwaggyBoard / Swegway / IO Hawk

Thizz

Lol swaggyboard

IO hawk should have patented this, I remember them presenting it at CES earlier in the year. The Chinese companies just came out and wiped the floor

lol them chinese companies are wild.

They clock a concept clone it and flood the market.

:lmao:

They're no joke.

How do they even get the blueprints?

Reverse engineering

Thank The Lord for Asia's lack of fucks for copyright legislation

Always see arabs on these in Edgware Road. There's a gadget shop there that sells them.

Details of said shop as I got someone stressing me to buy one for their kid and the 2-3 week lead time from China ain't cutting it with the time I have.

Spymaster on baker street have these in their window.

Always see arabs on these in Edgware Road. There's a gadget shop there that sells them.

Details of said shop as I got someone stressing me to buy one for their kid and the 2-3 week lead time from China ain't cutting it with the time I have.

There's 2 shops

DGTAL House @ 25, Edgware Road

Istore @ 41, Edgware Road

Not sure how much they're selling them for though

• 4 weeks later...

i just found out that IO hawk didnt invent this thing. they just rip the shit out of everyone they sell it to.

all they do is buy it from china and put their tag on it with a few modifications and sell it for 3x the original price you can buy it directly from china. 

its the same boards and just about 3 chinese manufacturers of the different styles you see out. 

Japan has a next one now that looks like a weighing scale with wheels. 

seems like the poor soul who invented it couldnt patent it. 

lexus have released their own version of a real hoverboard. 

looks like walking will be dying out soon

Bad news if you like gliding down the street like a low-rent Marty McFly: “hoverboards” (also known as self-balancing scooters) are illegal to ride in public in Britain, according to guidance released by the Crown Prosecution Service.

The wheeled vehicles, which are an evolution of the infamous Segway “personal transportation device”, are too unsafe to ride on the road, but too dangerous to ride on the pavement, according to legislation. As a result, they are only legal to use on land that is private property, and only with the landowner’s permission, the CPS says.

The guidance, which was initially released for Segway scooters, points out that since self-balancing scooters are powered vehicles they are illegal to ride on the pavement under section 72 of the Highway Act 1835. In Scotland, where the act does not apply, they are still illegal to ride on the pavement under the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/12/hoverboards-illegal-pavements-roads-scooters