Badman's Business Venture

Badman

If you want quality then advertise in a quality place and post the link here.

Compare the CVs. VIP2 is the last place you'll be finding someone.

What your saying makes sense however I refuse to use an agent as a matter of principal. I absolutely despise their existence and have not forgotten the kind of sh*t they put me through when I was once a young prospective jock.

Also I dont want them taking a cut of my money

/

So far have found one guy from reddit, some graduate from Brighton did some work for me (For the original job I posted) hes a good lad

/

Theres a lot of intelligent people on the forums, not everyone here is chaps or imhim

What about Escape the City?

They have a lot of high quality people.

/

Intelligence is not what I was questioning, it's qualifications and suitability. 

For developers, recruiters should be a last resort not least because of the costs but the quality of candidates can be very poor.

Word of mouth, friends of friends etc ftw

But it is difficult. Industry has a crazy shortage of decent developers. Good luck anyway.

What do you do?

If you want quality then advertise in a quality place and post the link here.

Compare the CVs. VIP2 is the last place you'll be finding someone.

What your saying makes sense however I refuse to use an agent as a matter of principal. I absolutely despise their existence and have not forgotten the kind of sh*t they put me through when I was once a young prospective jock.

Also I dont want them taking a cut of my money

/

So far have found one guy from reddit, some graduate from Brighton did some work for me (For the original job I posted) hes a good lad

/

Theres a lot of intelligent people on the forums, not everyone here is chaps or imhim

What about Escape the City?

They have a lot of high quality people.

/

Intelligence is not what I was questioning, it's qualifications and suitability.

Qualifications are not everything. I do agree about suitability though and I guess someone who is qualified would understand how things work and how to present yourself better than someone who isnt. But I am a firm believer of giving people chances and finding potential by unconventional means.

/

Thanks for the tip

• Upvote 1

Guys, we are literally swimming out here right now were fucked :lol:

Have too much work coming in, loads of money, office space but not enough people to do the work man

Currently training up one guy but he wont be ready for at least a month

Please dont make me have to do a deal with the devil and speak to recruiters lol 

Need help desperately, Carlos take a week of work and come and help us man ill pay you nice  :lmao:

Someone to make me some HTML5 Banners. Thats all I need!!!!

Oh yeah, guy doesn't need to be on site, can work from home and do it at ones own pace....As long as expectations are met and work is quality then im nice 

Know a few people that might be able to help you out, ill let you know.

its not just having the coding ability when it comes to shit like this though, you've gotta be "creatively" minded to be able to formulate what the person is asking for verbally in to something physical.

that's whats kinda put me off the whole website design type shit as im a coding genius otherwise (or I used to be before old age kicked in)

• 3 weeks later...