Whats Your Work Regime

underwriter

Get in to work, put bag down n log in to Surface. While thats logging in head to the bathroom n check everything is still ok after morning evolution n commute, then head back to desk.

Spend 2mins catching up on emails then either dos or crack on if something actually needs doing

Go and get a drink, don't offer anybody else.

See...this is political at work. I dont drink as many hot drinks as the peeps around me so I dont wanna be caught in their rotations of offering/tea runs. So whenever they offer I say no...but whenever I feel like actually getting myself suttin I feel I have to sneak it back so that no one clocks I have a hot drink n didn't offer

• Upvote 1

Open building, de-activate alarm. Put my stuff down

Check the site diary for what is wanted off staff

Brief staff, check everyone knows what they are doing and are working

Check my diary for specific stuff I need to action (normally holiday requests, resignations, changes of personal details, open D&G cases)

Check and action emails.

Daily specific tasks (conference call on Monday, authorising payroll on Thursday before payday)

Opt for a 1:30-2:30 lunch just so the latter part of my day feels shorter. 

"Mornin girls"

Coat on hanger > Calculator, Pen and Pad out > Ctrl + Alt + Delete (never shut down) > continue exactly where I left off > Clock when sociable people are in the kitchen > Go and get my water and exchange bants > Route past the lads in Sales, data and legal on my way back for football talk > Get a feel for the day by 10.30 I know if it's a cruiser or bruiser > If it's a bruiser I get my coffee, turn up the intensity and start applying pressure on other people > If not I stick to water and keep a headphone in.

Get in about 8 30. Hit the kitchen and check what supplies I got.

Check servers at a glance.

Put all my stuff at my desk.

Check on my MD (forever in the building), he rants about how lazy people are for a couple mins, I go toilet check the mirror.

Then I either go out to sainsburys to stock up on some stuff orrr chill at my desk / go hunt for the cool ones before 9.

Then I'll browse till like 9 30 lol.

I rememba my office days allways shit to do...nw i cn go to work and create about 30 parcels and the rest i am eating, so my work really consists of wasting time, bossing temps around and tryna stay sane, im bored nw though need a new job......

work starts at 10am

mostly get in at 10:10am, dont say good morning (hate that sh*t - one guy was actually really bothered about it)

make tea, check the internet, watch some vids, email

usually around 11:30am before i actually do anything

lunch ends at 2pm

get to my desk at 2:15pm

work for an hour

catch up on eastenders

play table tennis

leave work 5:50pm

work ends at 6pm

• Upvote 7

Grab a coffee on the way into work, get in about 8ish, despite our contracted time being a 9:30 start, log in, checked emails on phone on the way in, go downstairs & get a bagel from the canteen then back to the desk to crack on. Have another coffee break at about 11ish then rinse & repeat every other hour

biuhhjiguo

u man are funny

we are robots

work starts at 10am

mostly get in at 10:10am, dont say good morning (hate that sh*t - one guy was actually really bothered about it)

make tea, check the internet, watch some vids, email

usually around 11:30am before i actually do anything

lunch ends at 2pm

get to my desk at 2:15pm

work for an hour

catch up on eastenders

play table tennis

leave work 5:50pm

work ends at 6pm

:rofl:

• Upvote 1

6:35 - out the door

6:49 - train

7:30 - grab a Leon porridge and pret mocha

7:35 - at desk, do tie, boot up lappy and eat

7:45 - ready to go

years ago i did a kitchen trial in Leon (not as fresh as a i expected), post uni

they didn't even call me back, how times have changed

/

i don't understand how people can be so adversed to saying good morning - it's so natural, i say it to people i don't even recognise

altho i totally pretend not to see my colleagues on the bus on the way in cos i'm simply not ready

/

carlos what is stand up? assembly?

6:35 - out the door

6:49 - train

7:30 - grab a Leon porridge and pret mocha

7:35 - at desk, do tie, boot up lappy and eat

7:45 - ready to go

carlos what is stand up? assembly?

Think hes a dev and they love to do this

its like a meeting they have in the beginning of the day where they stand around a white board where the PM goes through the latest updates and the plans for the day ahead etc

Quite pretentious if I do say so myself but far better than sitting in a boring meeting room wasting time for no reason 

Average day, get in at 9, switch on computer, open outlook, start dealing with priority issues, consult work log or one of 3 separate to do lists, have a tea and get breakfast from canteen, come downstairs for 9:45 meeting, then have 10-1030 group meeting, normally someone's waiting for me at 1030 for another meeting, respond to more emails at the speed of light, more meetings, get on the phone to fix something if required, lunch for aslong as I feel like, normally watching Anime or whatever show I'm series watching, normally get bothered during my lunch, deal with queries from colleagues all over the company one first come first served basis, account team meeting, Americas just coming online so more emails from American counterparts and design team, fix more issues, solve more problems, day ends at 530, rarely get to leave then.

If I'm not able to fix something in business hours I'll login from home to sort it, continue checking emails and keeping up to date with accounts until I go to sleep, wake up rinse and repeat.

But I'm drinking most nights to combat this and I make sure I'm having fun while I'm doing the job, so it's not all bad. But I truly know the meaning of the word busy my life is stupid

• Downvote 1