Females self value in today's modern society

Badman

On one hand, it seems very inflated. Mostly between the ages of 18-24 which makes sense really.

However, the way your average young woman spends so much money on cosmetics whether it just be make-up or even surgery, the search for online validation suggests their self-esteem isn't great either.

As a man, to succeed with these women, I think it's good. Allows you to really peep game if you're really observing.

Is it getting out of control?

open your eyes. If what you're saying is do we think women value themselves too much then lmao

women have been second class citizens in the western world since i dont know when

in this country alone up to the 70s/80s women have been opressed and discriminated against and objectified

its now 2015...lots has changed on the surface but theres still a persistent view of women (which comes through on this site quite a bit) that we are worthLESS

if you look at how men treat women in this society and then the fact that women allow it/dont know any better we see that women do not value themselves at all

This is a constant conversation I have with my sister. Women as a whole do not value themselves. If we did we wouldn't be treated the way we are in relationships and in wider society

women do not know their worth because we've been made to feel like nothing for centuries.

I agree with the points mike kane made. You don't value yourself if you are always seeking validation from outside.

Did anyone watch the documentary the ascent of women on the bbc?

well worth a watch. It puts into context the position of women in societies today

Women are only good for breeding

• Upvote 1

How could it even gt out of control?

who's control? Mens?

fuckin joke mate

equality innit. Learn about it

out of control u kno. Omg we cant control women anymore. What would happen? Why does women's sense of self worth need to be controlled even?

if you valued yourself legitimately you wouldn't even worry about this

(Assumin I've interpreted the tone of your question correctly)

Hate to be the one to start it, but grafter your point applies more to white women historical..

Not too sure what op means, value in terms of what

Perhaps

but we live on this side of the world in the UK and women of all backgrounds are suffering from a lack of self worth. And its as a result of historical views on women in the west

Descendants of immigrants carry their own cultural influences also but many of us have been here for a couple generations

And its not jus white women historically its all over according to the documentary but the one i watched didn't go into subsaharan africa which is frustrating

open your eyes. If what you're saying is do we think women value themselves too much then lmao

women have been second class citizens in the western world since i dont know when

in this country alone up to the 70s/80s women have been opressed and discriminated against and objectified

its now 2015...lots has changed on the surface but theres still a persistent view of women (which comes through on this site quite a bit) that we are worthLESS

if you look at how men treat women in this society and then the fact that women allow it/dont know any better we see that women do not value themselves at all

This is a constant conversation I have with my sister. Women as a whole do not value themselves. If we did we wouldn't be treated the way we are in relationships and in wider society

women do not know their worth because we've been made to feel like nothing for centuries.

I agree with the points mike kane made. You don't value yourself if you are always seeking validation from outside.

well worth a watch. It puts into context the position of women in societies today

If I'm reading this correctly, you're speaking primarily about intrinsic value?

I think EXTRINSICALLY speaking, women are feeling themselves way too much though.

i think its the opposite (extrinsically) 

the selfie/insta/ now snapchat culture has led to this 

low self esteem is definitely prevalent within them 

i challenge you today to look into any girls phone gallery and see the hundreds of selfies they have taken before uploading that 1 to ther whatsapp display pic

its quite pathetic really 

we are delving into terrible narcissistic times 

these girls worship the kardashians

the new one has just turned 18 yet has undergone massive plastic surgery 

at 18 your body hasnt even fully devloped yet 

young girls striving for physical ideals that cannot be achieved without going under the knife/ photoshop 

pain to have a daughter now - unless the mother has her head screwed on and somehow attempts to minimise the exposre to whats going on today

I think EXTRINSICALLY speaking, women are feeling themselves way too much though.

Yh i suppose i am but to me that precedes everything. And if someone values themselves intrinsically you wont see all this selfie mess and the plastic surgery an the make up an the reh teh

How can u tell women are feeling themselves way to much? What signifies this?

on my snapchat come and see hwta these girls are doing 

6 x 10 seconds snaps of the different angles of thier faces 

whats that about 

instagram especially has led to the constant need to seek the gratifcation/ approval of others to 'rate' their so called beauty 

a girl will put up her 1 pic out of aq marathon of 60 diffeent picture taken at 60 differnet angles , receive 5 likes and feel like shes ogly 

this doesnt just stop at women - its affecting guys too.

thats why im happy im not on no social media apart from snapchat and even snapchat i havent been on it for a month  - too much watching face (literally)

Hate to be the one to start it, but grafter your point applies more to white women historical..

Perhaps

but we live on this side of the world in the UK and women of all backgrounds are suffering from a lack of self worth. And its as a result of historical views on women in the west

Descendants of immigrants carry their own cultural influences also but many of us have been here for a couple generations

And its not jus white women historically its all over according to the documentary but the one i watched didn't go into subsaharan africa which is frustrating

I think it's majority white women.

I'm not dismissive but when black women tend to take on that history as their own it rubs me the wrong way. They for example forget white women in the states who were for so called equality campaigned against black men getting the vote before them, instead of being about everybody. The real issue to you should be supremacy and getting it for your own.

If they went to west africa they wouldn't have what they were looking for tbh.

If op is within relationships then it's on you to manage that if their messing with you.

Yh i suppose i am but to me that precedes everything. And if someone values themselves intrinsically you wont see all this selfie mess and the plastic surgery an the make up an the reh teh

Whilst I agree that inner worth has to precede external worth, I don't think it's more valuable. We live in the real world and external value matters.

A lot of modern day young women grossly overstate theirs and it's evident when you look at social media or when engaging with attractive women and how they equate their that external worth with their OVERALL worth.

Men are just as bad by the way, just in a different way.

In this

on my snapchat come and see hwta these girls are doing 

6 x 10 seconds snaps of the different angles of thier faces 

whats that about 

instagram especially has led to the constant need to seek the gratifcation/ approval of others to 'rate' their so called beauty 

a girl will put up her 1 pic out of aq marathon of 60 diffeent picture taken at 60 differnet angles , receive 5 likes and feel like shes ogly 

this doesnt just stop at women - its affecting guys too.

thats why im happy im not on no social media apart from snapchat and even snapchat i havent been on it for a month  - too much watching face (literally)

Di reaaaaaal!!!!

I've had texts from friends asking why I didnt like her latest selfie

Wasn't there uproar on twitter when someone did a countdown to the release of her latest selfie?....like it was a mixtape drop

Whilst I agree that inner worth has to precede external worth, I don't think it's more valuable. We live in the real world and external value matters.

A lot of modern day young women grossly overstate theirs and it's evident when you look at social media or when engaging with attractive women and how they equate their that external worth with their OVERALL worth.

Men are just as bad by the way, just in a different way.

Fair enough but they fall down where it really matters. You will be susceptible to outside influences which are no good for you because you don't even know yourself. A person (man or woman) will drag another person (man or woman) down into a pit if they have no grasp of what makes them a worth while human being. It has nothing to do with how u look

Your relationships with everyone around you are negatively impacted by a lack of intrinsic self worth.(it makes you hateful and grudgeful...unable to make yourself happy - what does this mean for your children? What are your friendships based on? )

Its eternally more important. If we ever want a better world it starts from within the individual

dont for a second think that these women genuinely think they are pretty. Most dont hence the 100 selfies before postin the winning pic. This is basic psychology imo

we should feel sorry for these women not be annoyed by them

these girls are actaully sitting at home in their pjs , putting on make up and then taking selfies to receive likes 

this is an actual pastime 

one girl told me that when she feels down sometimes she will literally do what i described above and then upload to insta/ snap to receives likes/ positive comments and that will lift her mood 

she said this with such  nonchalance - scary , scary stuff

Perhaps

I think it's majority white women.

I'm not dismissive but when black women tend to take on that history as their own it rubs me the wrong way. They for example forget white women in the states who were for so called equality campaigned against black men getting the vote before them, instead of being about everybody. The real issue to you should be supremacy and getting it for your own.

If they went to west africa they wouldn't have what they were looking for tbh.

If op is within relationships then it's on you to manage that if their messing with you.

Im not takin on their history or struggle but i really think looking at myself/friends family - majority caribbeans in Britain have taken on this thinking

cos i know in Jamaica its different for women...the history, the role of women. It is different. However when i look at women in my parents generation -majority spent years with no sense of self worth and some still dont. Hence thyve been mugged off by men left right an centre

and yes my brother made the same point to me yesterday - theres the struggle of our people as a whole which needs to be improved. He msde the point that since we came to this country we have all been opressed and made to feel less - how can we teach our children self worth when your role in society is always to be sub (which ultimately it is in this country)

fighting against a tide of opressive mentalities

these girls are actaully sitting at home in their pjs , putting on make up and then taking selfies to receive likes

this is an actual pastime

one girl told me that when she feels down sometimes she will literally do what i described above and then upload to insta/ snap to receives likes/ positive comments and that will lift her mood

she said this with such nonchalance - scary , scary stuff

Im interested in what the future holds when this selfie generation get older

soooo many mental health issues