Girls too black for DSTRKT / Fridge too black for Brixton

Ephren Taylor

• 2 weeks later...

NFL players from New Orleans Saints turned away from exclusive London nightclub Cirque Le Soir 'for being too urban'

facebookShareButton.png  
  twitterShareButton.png  

emailShareButton.png  
  blank.gif  
Click to follow
The Evening Standard

mark-ingram.jpg 'Too urban': The player, front, was turned away with his teammates Mark Ingram

A group of NFL players claimed they were turned away from an exclusive celebrity nightclub in London for being “too urban”. 

The New Orleans Saints players were visiting London when they booked a table at Cirque le Soir nightclub in Soho.

But on their arrival, they were allegedly told they were “six big guys” that were “too urban” to enter the club – despite the fact they were all under 6ft.

Mark Ingram, running back for the team, tweeted that himself and cornerbacks Sterling Moore and BW Webb, safety Vonn Bell, and two other friends had gone to Cirque following an “amazing” dinner in the capital on Monday evening.

I have a story for y'all!! Me and my bros @SterlingMoore@TheVonnBell7 @OhGi_3Dawg3 @burtleyc @Flintsbadguy are in London having good time

We have dinner with amazing service at @mnky_hse and we were headed out to have a good time! Might I add all Brits have been very friendly!

But he said bouncers at the venue – a favourite with stars including Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kanye West – cancelled their table.

I've been enjoying incredibly diverse culture in Ashbourne learning a historic game called Shrovetide football and everyone has been amazing

He wrote: “Me and my bros are in London. We have dinner with amazing service at Mnky Hse and we were headed out to have a good time! 

They told us they were "6 big guys" that are too "Urban" but nobody taller than 5'11!! ???? cc:saints roster ????

“Might I add all Brits have been very friendly! I've been enjoying incredibly diverse culture in Ashbourne learning a historic game called Shrovetide football and everyone has been amazing

Nonetheless we all can't wait to play out here @NFLUK next season!!! Gonna be crazy experience and I'm excited about it! I ❤️ England!

“We pull up to Cirque le Soir where we have reservations and this is what they tell us.

“They told us they were "six big guys" that are too "urban" but nobody taller than 5'11!”

The player, who is due with his team to play the Miami Dolphins at Wembley Stadium on October 1, specified this had been an isolated incident and added: “Nonetheless we all can't wait to play out here @NFLUK next season! Gonna be crazy experience and I'm excited about it. I [love] England!”

Londons pretentious nightclub policy has hit peak level when NFL players can't get in. On a Monday ?? @MarkIngram22@TheVonnBell7 #toourban

After Ingram’s series of tweets, the hashtag “too urban” began trending on Twitter - with people using it to hit out at the club and accuse it of “racial profiling”.

One person tweeted: “@CirqueLeSoir define #toourban? Oh, you mean too Black. In my experience, London has never quite taken to diversity well.”

And other person said he had the same experience at the central London club, writing: “@DrinkysPA bouncer also told me and my college educated friends we were #toourban when we tried to go there. I feel your pain @MarkIngram22.”

cirque-le-soir.png
Exclusive: The Soho club (Google Maps)

One Twitter user wrote: “Reading @MarkIngram22's story about being #TooUrban only reminded me of a myriad of experiences I encountered in my lifetime. Sad to hear it.”

The club has previously come under fire after it emerged in 2015 that a promoter allegedly sent out messages to guests telling them “do not bring any fat girls/guys. Cirque will turn people away.”

Cirque distanced itself from the incident, saying it did not represent company policy.

It describes itself as “one of the most successful clubs in the world” and claims that guests are “treated to a thrilling assault on the senses from every angle.”

Cirque le Soir was contacted by the Standard but declined to comment.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/nfl-players-turned-away-from-exclusive-london-nightclub-cirque-le-soir-for-being-too-urban-a3477956.html

Bad news lads

They ain't accepting di man dems money no mo

Had the sunken booth at tup tup booked from JANUARY for this Saturday

Yesterday they called asking for id's

ID's were sent over

Upon seeing black and light skinned mug shots they cancelled the booking and processed a refund of the min spend 

Director green lighted reimbursing us for travel and hotel costs as well

Mad how they will like mans videos of the pattern on insta but actually want to effectively pay us to not honour the booking

Sad times

8 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

any black person who still wants to go to this club deserves everything the management throws at them

i don't understand the logic

someone dislikes/hates/doesn't want you around them but you still go?

not only that you pay good money for the privilege?

d*ckhead ting

Go there for the girls

the levels are very high in these establishments 

and to stant

24 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Bad news lads

ID's were sent over

Upon seeing black and light skinned mug shots they cancelled the booking and processed a refund of the min spend 

Mad how they will like mans videos of the pattern on insta but actually want to effectively pay us to not honour the booking

Sad times

Madness they refunded travel and hotel as well. They literally going out of pocket to keep ethnics out.

if gal make u spend money to go somewhere you are not wanted then don't complain about the consequences

i don't know about you but I don't care how high these chick's levels are, she ain't making me spend good p for this kind of treatment

• Upvote 9

51 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Bad news lads

ID's were sent over

Sad times

With that booth I wouldn't be surprised if they cut you for a celeb booking tbh. Never heard tup tup move like that before. Especially asking for Id's before arrival.

16 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

With that booth I wouldn't be surprised if they cut you for a celeb booking tbh. Never heard tup tup move like that before. Especially asking for Id's before arrival.

Defo 

but then they could have said it was double booked and given then another table, the price difference back plus some free bottles to make up for it... 

and kept their celeb money 

double the profit

27 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Defo 

but then they could have said it was double booked and given then another table, the price difference back plus some free bottles to make up for it... 

and kept their celeb money 

double the profit

Completely agre, very odd. Never heard of a club willingly to refund travel related expenses either.

Bait they felt fucked about doing man dirty lol.

Looking on their insta looks like they just had a grime night ?

2 hours ago, Trap God said:

Bad news lads

ID's were sent over

Sad times

That's out of order. 

SMH

Table service in foreign lands >>>

• Upvote 1