White chick begging African Culture scammed the government via a charity...

Da Luv Doc

Swear certain people on vip2 convince themselves it's cause their black everytime someone does something they don't like

Hmm yeah, unfortunately for them they are yet to get the "Anti-Semitic" tag protection.
Bro me being half a Russian Jew doesn't make me your boss from Golders Green who mugs you off when you make the tea. Let it go.
  • Downvote 1

Swear certain people on vip2 convince themselves it's cause their black everytime someone does something they don't like

I dont think that was the case for everything tbh its never my first thought- i never want it to be because i am black because it would mean what i do is futile

I can't be in that mental state

However Unconscious bias is not a myth

U know what one of the most heart breaking things about being over qualified for your position?

The amount u have to fight to get the measley job in the first place. Convincing people with less qualifications than yourself that you are here to stay, that you absolutely love customer service

And then when you get the job..."why are you here?"

I applied for a position where i am now 5 times. When i finally got in to the company at the lowest grade (even tho i had been workin a grade higher for a year somewhere similar) i was promoted within 6 months and again after 18 months.

My manager in my last role in leaving told me that she remembered when i applied for this role but felt i was more of the lower grade (shocking since i moved up quicker than people who were there before me. Also y did she feel the need to tell me)

On applying for my current role my managee and his manager were talking to me.like i failed before i even got the result

When i got it i had cunts asking me if i blagged it

An the second gutting thing is being praised for work that is piss easy (really really patronising)

My current head of team labelled me as someone who does the bare minimum in front of senior partners when thats a total fuckin lie. I jus dont shout about everything i do but im the only one who doesnt agree with the "let's not give ourselves too much work" principle. I will gladly open a can of worms.

Personally im coasting cos I know im capable of more but im not lazy and definitely not the laziest

I'm tired man

Very real.

and half the reason, I've spent all my working life as self-employed.

Why is it the governments job to "develop young black men?"

because they develop young white men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296103/Poor-white-boys-fall-badly-class-bleak-job-prospects-report-finds.html#article-3296103

like i said.. trust someone like you to drag out some dumb article about the failing white boys. the article is based purely on GCSE grade attainment which if they fail to achieve will be the sole reason why they would be unemployed,..,. but what has prevented them for achieving? they do not have the school/education system discriminate against them, coupled with the youth justice and other powerful institutions that systematically attack the black family directly and indirectly..

at least if the lazy f*ckers could get off their arses and GET good grades they would most likely get a job... unlike the situation for QUALIFIED afro carribeans who DO have the grades still facing prejudice in employment

A REPORT compiled by Joseph Rowntree Foundation for the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) has made recommendations following the revelation that Black African graduates top the list as the most overqualified in jobs suggesting that they face greater discrimination.

According to the report, 40.8 per cent of black African graduates are currently overqualified for the roles that they work, the largest proportion of any group, followed by Bangladeshi graduates (39 per cent).

The paper lays out two challenges for ethnic minority young people, unemployment and underemployment.

Despite the increases in the number of aspirational ethnic minority students pursuing higher education, the results have failed to prove a direct correlation between educational attainment and job prospects.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/black-african-graduates-most-overqualified

Lol "powerful institutions that systematically attack the black family directly and indirectly". When did the government tell ambrose or Uncle Ade to abandon his progeny?

Although this country has its problems, it is probably one of the best country in the world for an average black man. This problem with this country has always been class not race, stop trying to impose an american sociopoltical context on the UK.

How many white working class BBC newsreaders have you seen? Or barristers, or doctors, or professors? Or famous actors? or even Labour MPs? Also their economic prospects have been completely destroyed by the decimation of industry in his country, and mass immigration. 

R.E. that article on the voice - this comment on their sums up my thoughts: 

Most African graduates in the UK are mature students(working class scholars). Virtually none of them went to redbrick Universities, instead attended 3rd rate Universities. As we all know Britains top companies don't recruit from third rate Universities. They also dont mix socially with the middle class English, which means they are not socially connected to get good jobs.

So again its class more than anything. A black man who is from a middle class background, who went to grammar, private, or public school, and on to a top twenty university, and has plenty of internships, and extra curricular activities on his CV will have fewer problems getting a job. But again if you are working class, which most ethnic minorities are anyway, then you're not likely to have gone on that exciting gap year, or play that musical instrument, or volunteer, or know people who could hook them up with work experience. All these middle class things that employers really value.

• Upvote 4

Why is it the governments job to "develop young black men?"

because they develop young white men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296103/Poor-white-boys-fall-badly-class-bleak-job-prospects-report-finds.html#article-3296103

like i said.. trust someone like you to drag out some dumb article about the failing white boys. the article is based purely on GCSE grade attainment which if they fail to achieve will be the sole reason why they would be unemployed,..,. but what has prevented them for achieving? they do not have the school/education system discriminate against them, coupled with the youth justice and other powerful institutions that systematically attack the black family directly and indirectly..

at least if the lazy f*ckers could get off their arses and GET good grades they would most likely get a job... unlike the situation for QUALIFIED afro carribeans who DO have the grades still facing prejudice in employment

A REPORT compiled by Joseph Rowntree Foundation for the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) has made recommendations following the revelation that Black African graduates top the list as the most overqualified in jobs suggesting that they face greater discrimination.

According to the report, 40.8 per cent of black African graduates are currently overqualified for the roles that they work, the largest proportion of any group, followed by Bangladeshi graduates (39 per cent).

The paper lays out two challenges for ethnic minority young people, unemployment and underemployment.

Despite the increases in the number of aspirational ethnic minority students pursuing higher education, the results have failed to prove a direct correlation between educational attainment and job prospects.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/black-african-graduates-most-overqualified

Lol "powerful institutions that systematically attack the black family directly and indirectly". When did the government tell ambrose or Uncle Ade to abandon his progeny?

Although this country has its problems, it is probably one of the best country in the world for an average black man. This problem with this country has always been class not race, stop trying to impose an american sociopoltical context on the UK.

How many white working class BBC newsreaders have you seen? Or barristers, or doctors, or professors? Or famous actors? or even Labour MPs? Also their economic prospects have been completely destroyed by the decimation of industry in his country, and mass immigration. 

R.E. that article on the voice - this comment on their sums up my thoughts: 

Most African graduates in the UK are mature students(working class scholars). Virtually none of them went to redbrick Universities, instead attended 3rd rate Universities. As we all know Britains top companies don't recruit from third rate Universities. They also dont mix socially with the middle class English, which means they are not socially connected to get good jobs.

So again its class more than anything. A black man who is from a middle class background, who went to grammar, private, or public school, and on to a top twenty university, and has plenty of internships, and extra curricular activities on his CV will have fewer problems getting a job. But again if you are working class, which most ethnic minorities are anyway, then you're not likely to have gone on that exciting gap year, or play that musical instrument, or volunteer, or know people who could hook them up with work experience. All these middle class things that employers really value.

that comment is clearly from a person who fits that category. i went to a redbrick university and the only 8 black students in my year/course 7 were African. one comment that is describing his own situation most likely. 

the statement is fact because at least because we have heard stories of those that ticked every one of those boxes and still got discriminated against, just because they live in highgate doesn't mean they don't know what they went through  (well some do), so you are not making any sense.

you ask a question about BBC newsreaders???????? are you defining employment of 30million working people by the BBC? by the news media? how many of them are there combined? 2000 odd? that's not reflective of the general working populace. needless to say that the research was not talking about jobs in the bbc or law firms...

why would an African graduate be 'overqualified' to work at the BBC? this research is not exposing class discrimination, because the working class white person who ALSO went to so called 3rd rate university (if he or she even went to university in the first place!!) would be the African's manager...

i would even accept that employment is all about who you know and they probably do not "know" enough in their network to establish them into work.. that makes a better case than talk crap about class. 

• 2 weeks later...