Russian Plane Crash

Heero Yuy

A Russian plane carrying more than 200 passengers from the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh has crashed in central Sinai with most of those on board feared dead.

The jet, operated by the Russian company Kogalymavia and branded as Metrojet, was “completely destroyed with all on board likely to have died”, a security officer from the search and rescue team said.

But officers at the scene said the voices of trapped passengers could be heard from a section of the crashed plane. Destined for St Petersburg, it was carrying 224 people, including 17 children and seven crew members.

“There is a section of the plane with passengers inside that the rescue team is still trying to enter and we hope to find survivors, especially after hearing pained voices of people inside,” an anonymous officer told Reuters.

Egypt’s health ministry had dispatched 45 ambulances to the scene to “evacuate the dead and wounded” which could indicate the possibility of survivors, though this remains unconfirmed. At least five of the children on board are feared dead.

Live Russian passenger plane crashes in Egypt’s Sinai - latest
Follow the latest updates after a plane carrying 224 passengers and crew crashed 20 minutes after taking off Sharm el-Sheikh
 Read more
The crash site was found on Saturday morning in southern Arish, a mountainous area of central Sinai, but poor weather conditions were making it difficult for some rescue crews to reach the scene, the security officer said.

Northern Sinai is home to groups of Islamist militants, many affiliated to Islamic State, but there were no indications the plane was shot down, Egyptian security sources told Reuters.

A statement from the Egyptian prime minister’s office said Sherif Ismail had formed a cabinet-level crisis committee to deal with the crash, which was believed to have been caused by a mechanical failure.

The plane, which had a tail number of EI-ETJ, lost contact 23 minutes after takeoff while flying at more than 30,000 ft above sea level, according to the plane tracker website Flight Radar. It had begun to make a steep descent at a rate of 6,000 feet per minute shortly before communications were lost.

Russia’s aviation authority, Rosaviatsiya, said flight 7K9268 had left at 03:51 GMT and was due into St Petersburg’s Pulkovo airport at 12:10, it told TASS news agency. The plane had failed to make scheduled contact with Cyprus air traffic control and disappeared from the radar.

Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his deepest condolences to the families of victims of the crash of a Russian airliner in Egypt, Russian news agencies reported. Putin also ordered government ministries to offer immediate assistance to relatives of those killed.

The Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh is a popular destination for Russian tourist.

Apparently voice have been heard in the wreckage, so there could hopefully be some survivors.

Is it me or does it seem crashes are becoming more frequent?

Isis claiming they were behind it.

Reaching tbh.

They've released a video now. You can see it in this daily mail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297871/Russian-passenger-plane-220-tourists-board-missing-Egypt-Fears-aircraft-crashed-Sinai-desert.html

ffs the music behind the video . 

That could be any plane though. As I said they are reaching. But they would be consequences regardless. 

I remember when I went egypt and thinking to my self what if some nutter just missled us as we flew over the desert. The area is very volatile. 

On a serious note. A lot of plane crashed in recent months. I remember reading some Reddit thread where Anonymous pilots were posting near disasters that passengers had no clue about. 

One particular case where he said the whole dashboard went blank for a couple of minutes and they couldn't radio anyone at base. 

That thread had me shook of flying.  Apparently issues are more common than we are made to know, but Pilots often play it down. 

Reaching tbh.

They've released a video now. You can see it in this daily mail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297871/Russian-passenger-plane-220-tourists-board-missing-Egypt-Fears-aircraft-crashed-Sinai-desert.html

One particular case where he said the whole dashboard went blank for a couple of minutes and they couldn't radio anyone at base.

That thread had me shook of flying. Apparently issues are more common than we are made to know, but Pilots often play it down.

I've read stuff like this before aswell. Pilots and the cabin crew are trained not to make passengers aware of an issue unless it's absolutely necessary, i,e an emergency landing.

/

Ffs that Isis ost man

false flag

A Russian airliner which crashed in Egypt's Sinai peninsula, killing all 224 people on board, broke up in mid-air, a Russian official says.

Victor Sorochenko, the head of Russia's Interstate Aviation Committee, said it was too early to conclude what caused the crash on Saturday.

He told reporters debris was found across a 20sq km-wide area of Sinai. So far 163 bodies have been found.

Russia is observing a day of mourning after its worst air disaster.

Mr Sorochenko spoke after visiting the site of the debris, near the village of Hasana. The head of Russia's Air Transport Agency, Aleksandr Neradko, said that "all signs attest to the fact that the aircraft disintegrated in the air at a high altitude".

no sos call,
high altitude break up

same similarities as mh17

yo  what if they did actually bring it down  :mellow:

Reaching tbh.

They've released a video now. You can see it in this daily mail articlehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297871/Russian-passenger-plane-220-tourists-board-missing-Egypt-Fears-aircraft-crashed-Sinai-desert.html

That thread had me shook of flying. Apparently issues are more common than we are made to know, but Pilots often play it down.

I've read stuff like this before aswell. Pilots and the cabin crew are trained not to make passengers aware of an issue unless it's absolutely necessary, i,e an emergency landing.

/

Ffs that Isis ost man

You can't be shook of flying man

You know how many close calls I've had in the whip?

Thought they said the plane was too high to be taken down by a sam ne way?

The Russian airline Kogalymavia has blamed "external activity" for Saturday's deadly Sinai plane crash which killed 224 people.

Its director general said: "The only reasonable explanation is that it was [due to] external activity."

A previous tail strike in 2001 was repaired fully, another company official said.

A Kremlin spokesman has told the BBC terrorism could not be ruled out as a possible cause of the crash.