Help from parents as an adult..

Supermalt

I assume we are a self sufficient bunch here but how many of you have relied on your parents when grown to an extent

Having conversions with john or susan, and the lifestyle help some of these late 20s are getting is just wild, try to claim as their own until you ask questions

I cant begin to relate because its a bit more the other way round..

Dont worry what next people are doing

Just get your money Malt.

This. If i had that opportunity of help id be riding it all the way too

it's mad when i speak to colleagues or worse people when i was at uni. they don't realise how much their parents really help(ed) them.

one guy who had his rent paid for him and a car for getting into uni would piss me off and act like he came from the gutter. i'd always tell him your family are clearly well off and he'd always deny. 

my mum can barely pay her own mortgage let alone my rent at uni and you're telling me your family isn't comfy? fuck outta here

Lol

So mobility is a myth

We are a small exception who have the chance to make it

95% of people I grew up with, went high school with, people from my area won't

Sad reality of it

Been leaving work on average 8pm last 3 weeks. Got told yesterday I will have my contract extended another 6 months. Said I'm On track for a permanent position.

Only got here because of my diversity speech I dropped in my interview and helping fill the quota. Not going to complain though. Got to ride it out until I'm self sufficient.

This girl I used to link back in the day was going Kingston uni , she had a two bedroom flat in Kingston to herself..fully furnished..big tv...Mac.. everything...I remember saying to her..you don't realise how good you Got it...her reply was she had to work hard in school to get good grades and end up with that place...Just shook my head and kept reeping the benefits whilst I could

that yard would have got extorted. one ting from leeds had the nicest place in mornington crescent, when she went back to leeds for christmas i persuaded her to give me the keys because i had 'issues' at home..

had a different girl over each night for a week until her flatmates snitched...

beating on heated floors >

It's what should happen in an ideal world tbh.

Kids getting help when they have moved out for no reason though is a madness, they coulda just stayed home and stacked.

Tryna live the independent life with undercover help is having your cake and eating it, if you are putting your parents under financial strain living that life then it's fuckries.

If they can afford it calm though that's another thing.

my mum can barely pay her own mortgage let alone my rent at uni and you're telling me your family isn't comfy? f*ck outta here

It's fucked, found out my mum's paying interest only on her mortgage the other day.

I received a lot of help growing up never without clothes/toys, the travel to my school wasn't cheap either - she wasn't earning much these times.

Grown up fully appreciating it. Remember on my 17th birthday she dropped me £200 so I could buy a car for 1100, literally the next day my best mate at the time got a car bought by his dad for £3k and she apologised for not being able to give me that. Never wanted that though, working for what you got >___.

As an adult though the help goes the other way - I'm stable, managed to help her clear two overdrafts and her credit card this year.

• Upvote 6

As an adult though the help goes the other way - I'm stable, managed to help her clear two overdrafts and her credit card this year.

Pos

My mum has a friend whose grown daughter still lives with her refusing to pay anything.

Goes on holidays and shit at the drop of a hat while this woman was worrying how shes gonna retire and ting.

Shits disgusting.

• Upvote 2

my mum can barely pay her own mortgage let alone my rent at uni and you're telling me your family isn't comfy? f*ck outta here

It's fucked, found out my mum's paying interest only on her mortgage the other day.

I received a lot of help growing up never without clothes/toys, the travel to my school wasn't cheap either - she wasn't earning much these times.

Grown up fully appreciating it. Remember on my 17th birthday she dropped me £200 so I could buy a car for 1100, literally the next day my best mate at the time got a car bought by his dad for £3k and she apologised for not being able to give me that. Never wanted that though, working for what you got >___.

Has she got the p to buy the yard?

It's f*cked, found out my mum's paying interest only on her mortgage the other day.

Has she got the p to buy the yard?

Nah, single income. Both parents name on the mortgage though thats how she got it.

Lol

So mobility is a myth

Sad reality of it

90% of my boys will be in the same job until they retire or keel over

Who's made what tho

Can u just pay corporations for nicer shit n jump on a plane a bit more?

Real winning only comes from enslaving other twats to do ur work for u

N then what do you with ur time anyway

Ain't nobody made naffink

• Upvote 1

Black parents in the UK are rarely in a position to help their adult aged children. The "Children" end up helping their parents more.

I think that's more applicable to single parents.

I know of quite a few boys particularly whos mothers are dependent on an income from them...or at least claim to be.

• Upvote 1

Lol

So mobility is a myth

Sad reality of it

90% of my boys will be in the same job until they retire or keel over

Who's made what tho

Can u just pay corporations for nicer sh*t n jump on a plane a bit more?

Real winning only comes from enslaving other twats to do ur work for u

N then what do you with ur time anyway

Ain't nobody made naffink

Yeah people have their own definitions of 'making it'.

Wifey, flat and Kid. Career or own business doesn't register and their happy.

Yup

Social mobility is a myth in this country. I always bang on about this, but Britain is one of the worst places in the western world for social mobility. .

Yup. A lot of middle class people (25+) I know still get a casual 5 bills of pocket money every month from their nans and aunties and shit. Some of them been getting that for so long they don't even know where it comes from. :lol:

Only people I know who own a house in London and it isn't a new build are those whose parents could give them 100k+ for deposit.

I would love for public/private schools to be banned in this country. At least those for under 11s. That would be a massive step towards improving social mobility. Will never happen though. Russell group uni's and their feeding schools spend so much money crushing any of those suggestions. Whilst giving out token scholarships to Mohammed, complete with a couple of articles in national media. None of this is an accident. Great Britain was set up to work this way.

• Upvote 1