Drugs tests at work

Kim

some twat found someones 2oz stash n scales in the gardens at work and handed it in, now drugs test are being carried out next year, that means half the workforce will be gone, i dont want to quit smoking so need any advice on how to pass this shit when my time comes....

:lol:

/

Have a look at your employee handbook and also your contract, if there is nothing in either underlying the procedures of drug testing then you can legitimately question the legality of it. They may not be able to force you to take the test and I would raise a grievance regarding this. You’d have a pretty good case if it’s mentioned in either document.

In my old job it was clear as day about random drug testing, the procedures, outcomes, failure of non compliance etc. 

Errrm if my professional career was affected by my drugs habit I think I know what I would sacrifice.

Why don't you want to quit smoking, have you tried life without it? It's probably better than you think

Would u even consider that kind of profession?

Srsly?

Errrm if my professional career was affected by my drugs habit I think I know what I would sacrifice.

Why don't you want to quit smoking, have you tried life without it? It's probably better than you think

Would u even consider that kind of profession?

Srsly?

imo people would be abitr soft on this if it involved alcohol

you can smoke on a friday night and it could still show up on monday, if they can do the same for alcohol i wonder how many would quit for the job?

i dont drink so i can see it same way people see weed, its a drug like anything else but if you asked people not to drink at the weekend youd get funny looks, even though you wouldnt be high at work it would probably still show up, thats quite unfair

The company I used to work for was into distribution, so they had warehouse operatives, HGV & forklift drivers etc. 

Although I worked in head office the drug testing rule was enforced throughout the company for fairness sake. Few years before my time somebody actually got killed in one of the warehouses when a sheet of glass fell on them. Pretty sure that put H&S into overdrive.