Drugs tests at work

Kim

I would say most professions require you to be sober in order to perform the job to the standard your employer requests.

Indeed if you can't sacrifice intoxicants for your position, pick an alternative position and sorry not to sound like a fed but if a company feels the need to drug test its employee's and the employees are worried about this then maybe they were right to suggest it!

• Upvote 1

I would say most professions require you to be sober in order to perform the job to the standard your employer requests.

Indeed if you can't sacrifice intoxicants for your position, pick an alternative position and sorry not to sound like a fed but if a company feels the need to drug test its employee's and the employees are worried about this then maybe they were right to suggest it!

I disagree with this.

There are a lot of people out there that are coherent enough to perform their work duties while on drugs

Certain institutions/departments are full of middle class coke heads anyway

• Upvote 2

Like hero said you can question the legality of the tests given these aren't in your contract.

But as many others have said I would question how grown a woman you actually are if you are still so dependent on something most people grow out of after uni. It's just as bad as having an alcohol dependency.

Its no where near as bad.

Weed isnt something childish either (for some it is a phase).

The dependency issue is another argument

And badman yes whilst some people appear to be able to function on drugs, they still have an altered mind state an mistakes can happen that otherwise wouldn't have. Additionally drugs affect people in different ways so blanket drug testing where employers think its necessary is the only fair way.

This.

Sometimes topics arise that genuinely make me wonder what the f**k is wrong with people.

Yes I get it, dependant on the job/profession in question. But go find me an employer (not employee) that thinks it's okay/acceptable to do a job under the influence of drugs.

KMT.

This.

Sometimes topics arise that genuinely make me wonder what the f**k is wrong with people.

Yes I get it, dependant on the job/profession in question. But go find me an employer (not employee) that thinks it's okay/acceptable to do a job under the influence of drugs.

KMT.

Cs both.

Glad they're getting tested.

When people in the aerospace industry get sacked due to drugs <<<<<<_____

This.

KMT.

Responses are a bit silly and short sighted

Not everyone that smokes does it before work like this junge and companies aren't doing tests that link to sobriety while you're actually at work

• Upvote 1