Martin Shkreli

Bruno Di Gradi

Martin Shkreli

Martin-Shkreli.jpg

This guy

• Bumped up the price of aids drugs from 13.50$ to 750$
  • Bought the one copy of the new Wu Tang album for 2mil and said he aint even gonna play it
  • Illegally taking stock from a biotech firm he started and using it to pay off unrelated business debts
  • Wants to bail Bobby Shmurda out of bin for something in return

Just been arrested by the FBI due to business debts and shifting the money around illegally

Weird interview from him a few days ago were his going at Rza 

Martin Shkreli: I’m the most successful Albanian to ever walk the face of this Earth. What happened to Bronson was [regarding Ghostface Killah]. I thought it was entertaining, watching him run his mouth on Youtube and talk about how he’s got shooters and sh*t like that. It was funny. I just didn’t like that. I thought we’d keep it as if it was fine. I bought the album. [There's a ] big f*cking check in RZA and Cilvaringz’ pocket now, but if they’re starting to turn up on me… The Albanian community is a very weird community. We’re some of the most tight-knit kind-of kill for each other, die for each other motherf*ckers there are. People say it’s one of the craziest ethnicities there is in terms of their loyalty and bloodlines and sh*t like that. This thing [Wu-Tang thing] is starting to get pretty tense. You probably see that increasingly. I’m getting pretty frustrated by it. I bought the most expensive album in the history of mankind and f*cking RZA is talking sh*t behind my back and online in plain sight. I’m just getting pissed off. That’s not the way I do business. If I hand you $2 million, f*cking show me some respect. At least have the decency to say nothing or “no comment.” The guy says “…before his business practices came to light.” What the f*ck does that mean? I f*cking make money. That’s what I do. That’s why I can f*cking afford a f*cking $2 million album. What do you think I do, make cookies? No, motherf*cker. I sell drugs. [Laughs] I felt insulted.

DX: Throughout this entire process since the announcement, there have been people critical of the idea that they were going to try to sell an album like a work-of-art, a piece that truly was one-of-a-kind. You remember when Ol' Dirty Bastard said “Wu-Tang’s for the children.” Now babies can’t get healed unless they can afford $750 [per AIDS] pill. They definitely have brand concerns, right?

Martin Shkreli: I’m staring at a Picasso in my living room right now that’s no different from the Wu-Tang box except it’s about 20 times more expensive. It is what it is. If you sell me some sh*t, then sell me some sh*t. If you don’t want to sell it to me then don’t sell it to me. You’ve got to research Albanians, it’s the most hot tempered culture there is. I have a crazy temper myself. He’s from the streets. The guy hasn’t been in the hustle in 20 years. He doesn’t want to get me angry and I’m getting angry. Again, what Ghostface said to Bronson was 100 hundred times worse than me and RZA. This is starting to get into some weird Albanian sh*t. There are similarities, very similar. I’m just getting fed up. If he doesn’t think I have the resources to do something, he f*cking doesn’t know me. If Ghostface can make people disappear, what the f*ck do you think I can do? I’ll f*cking snap the CD on f*cking TV and not even listen to it if that’s what he f*cking wants.

DX: The Bloomberg story talked about a lunch that you and RZA had prior to the finalizing of the sale. With what you’re saying now, I find it hard to believe that there weren’t covenants to the agreement that kept [each side] from criticizing the sale should it go either way. Everything else seems super confidential.

DX: I’ve been reading a lot of message boards and people have been quoting some of the things you’ve said around the album. When you said “the fans could’ve bought the last Wu-Tang album or the one before that and they didn’t and all they had to do was pay $10.” People in the message boards were really upset. In my view, it was largely because that's a hard point to debate.

Martin Shkreli: By the way, I got that from RZA himself. He threw his own fans under the f*cking bus. I didn’t make that sh*t up. That was RZA talking. It’s true. I’ve got the money. If DMX wanted to put out an album right now, I’d pay $100,000 or $200,000 or $500,000. Trust me, he’d make more selling to me than he’d make selling out elsewhere. The guy’s got so much f*cking child support, so many f*cking bills. For him to write something for me would be a no-brainer. I don’t know. We’ll see how it all goes. 

DX: This is the second time you’ve mentioned DMX. This something you’re thinking about.

Martin Shkreli: Oh, for sure. If Kanye West would trade me some unreleased sh*t, I would make him a copy of Wu-Tang. But we’d both agree to keep each other’s sh*t secret. I’m trying to cut some sh*t like that. Maybe do a remix or something with Drake. He’s a big fan. They all have brands and sh*t, though. For Drake to f*ck with me would be a problem for Drake. He probably wouldn’t do it. I don’t know. I want to see where it takes me. I think I bought a seat at the table with this album. If I can get Shmurda out of jail, that would be some sh*t. [Laughs] I’m a creative guy. If you talk to anyone in pharma—maybe I don’t have the same resources as Pfizer, I may not have the same experience as Merck—but I’m crafty as f*ck. Anytime there’s some sh*t to do in rap, you know I’m going to be there. I asked DJ Khaled if I can help expand his f*cking restaurant. We’re talking about it. We’ll see what happens. I’m throwing my hat in the game. I'm here, I want to have fun. It fits me perfectly. It’s this mix of bravado, money music, attitude. This is just me. Nothing in my life fits better than Hip Hop. It was meant to be. We’ll see how it plays out. I’m going to be around. Shmurda, this emerging war with RZA, if it emerges—I am pretty pissed off. I want an apology, for sure. We’ll see what he does. I’ve been known to calm down, too.

DX: Have you thought about sharing the album

Martin Shkreli: I’m not going to play it for no reason. If Taylor Swift wants to come over and suck my d*ck, I’ll play it for her. [Laughs]   

http://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2825/title.martin-shkreli-plans-to-bail-out-bobby-shmurda

• 1 month later...