Jose Mourinho

Admin.

He put too much trust into dusty players that should have been sold, average players that have been average and good players that didn't live up to their potential.

We can't win the league until he has a starting 11 with at least 9 'untouchables'(not including any dusty teacher's pets like Fellaini, Darmian, Young etc.)

With Chelsea this season and Leicester last season most of the time you didn't even have to see the team sheet to know who was playing. With United it's been a game of musical chairs for around half of the positions in the team all season.

Ideal scenario would've been at least 10 players getting sold and replaced last summer. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/05/2016 at 10:55 PM, O Fenomeno said:

Which attacking coach would imagine putting Pepe in a triple pivot in CL semi final?

The guy is so bait 

He will start the season saying the right words 

Plays free flowing football for a month then he will get smashed and revert to type eg playing shit on stick football which involves a back four with two former wingers converted into wing backs add a double pivot also with a CF told to perform two roles CF as well as LM.

Summer 2010-Spring 2013 was the worst time to be alive

Yo this actually happened on Sunday 

A back four 

Two former wingers playing as wing backs 

A double pivot 

CF asked to perform two roles.

• Upvote 1

We don't have any 'wingers' in the squad which needs to be addressed this summer

Out of those 4 away games the team selection and tactics vs Liverpool(Smalling, Fellaini and Young starting and 3HUNNA coming off the bench while Mata, Carrick and Rojo stayed on the bench) and Chelsea(Fellaini and Smalling starting ahead of Carrick and Rojo) pissed me off. After we beat Anderlecht the league was a write off =

C_SSgiLWAAAiI3x.jpg 

Hopefully we get past Celta Vigo and he has a plan vs Ajax cause the way they played vs Lyon it could be a long night in Sweden 

What were seeing is what most of us feared tbh.

He has to get CL football. If he doesnt, and keeps his job that'll be ludicrous.

I dont think it matters how he gets it, but imo putting all your eggs into the europa league basket is just a massive risk I wouldnt have taken personally, particularly when Liverpool were dropping points.

IMO the bigger risk is throwing/not prioritising Europa trying to play for a league place that was missed a few rounds ago.

When it comes to ugly , counter attacking , backs to the wall defending to reach a single objective : Win 2 games 

Ima back Jose in the Europa

This team cannot be trusted to outscore opponents in the league and collect points.

He stays even if he misses out on CL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-10 at 0:29 AM, Anderson said:

What were seeing is what most of us feared tbh.

He has to get CL football. If he doesnt, and keeps his job that'll be ludicrous.

I dont think it matters how he gets it, but imo putting all your eggs into the europa league basket is just a massive risk I wouldnt have taken personally, particularly when Liverpool were dropping points.

Facts i5 lying to himself to save face 

Where is bane? Hope hes dead. May krishna forgive his sins

• Downvote 2

On 5/9/2017 at 6:45 PM, Agony said:

We don't have any 'wingers' in the squad which needs to be addressed this summer

Out of those 4 away games the team selection and tactics vs Liverpool(Smalling, Fellaini and Young starting and 3HUNNA coming off the bench while Mata, Carrick and Rojo stayed on the bench) and Chelsea(Fellaini and Smalling starting ahead of Carrick and Rojo) pissed me off. After we beat Anderlecht the league was a write off =

C_SSgiLWAAAiI3x.jpg 

Hopefully we get past Celta Vigo and he has a plan vs Ajax cause the way they played vs Lyon it could be a long night in Sweden 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Petter Skogsletten got the opportunity on Monday to learn from one of his foremost idols. The young trained talent from Stovner in Oslo had, as himself, José Mourinho as his teacher.

The 24-year-old is studying at the sports faculty at the University of Lisbon, where he shares classrooms with students from, among others, the big clubs Benfica and Paris Saint-Germain. This week was the definite highlight of having the Manchester United coach as his teacher.

"He walked a lot in and out while we got up with PCs, etc. He greeted us and was very easy and free. We knew that moods were built up and were very nervous, "says Skogsletten to Nettavisen.

Master plan

But although Mourinho might seem awkward at first, he quickly showed another side of himself, not everyone gets to know.

"In the media, many have a picture of him as arrogant, but we got to know him as a great weapon. He left behind the class to take pictures and write autographs. We could have asked more questions after seansen, but we were all a little shocked that we were there with him, "said Skogsletten.

"This day with Mourinho was amazing, meeting the coach I've looked up to most is part of a whole package I'm terribly impressed with. I'm storking myself. I can only sum him up with one word; Fantastic.

Mourinho's major theme was the Manchester United and Europa League final against Ajax. There the students got an insight into how Mourinho systematically worked on a plan to beat the Dutch.

"He spent three out of ten days in the final where he divided the preparations with attack and defensive against Ajax, as well as how to work with ballots. There they should have a brief video meeting and then practice, "said Skogsletten, who also said that the players were given pictures of the Ajax players' actions so that they were prepared for everything.

Should stop Danish jewel

Even Mourinho had not missed anything in his foundation to beat Ajax.

"There is a focus on everything from the height of players, how they position themselves and every phase of the game. He focused a lot on the opponent, says Skogsletten, who also emphasizes that Mourinho had a plan for how to remedy Ajax's Danish star player.

He had analyzed everything by Kasper Dolberg. How he liked to move, how they wanted to play him up, how he played through, says Stovner's boy.

But although Mourinho had understood how to stop Ajax, he had also seen that there were several points he could attack himself. Among them was to isolate Marcus Rashford out of order while Marouane Fellaini was using her physics as much as possible.

** Herrera's final grip**

It was anyway another player Mourinho talked loudly about. Ander Herrera has shown himself as an important piece in United's system this season, and the students heard.

"Mourinho talked a lot about Herrera, saying he is one of the smartest players he has had during his career," said Skogsletten. Mourinho also told about the corner line that made the final. And as he himself had not planned!

Before the match, Mourinho had made it clear that Henrikh Mkhitaryan would be out of the box on offensive deathballs and dodge Ajax if they were to be in contravention.

"Suddenly Herrera took hold of the Mkhitaryan and sent him in front of the keeper, while Herrera would take the pitch outside the box. Mourinho said he was so frustrated that he tore the fourth quarter and said "what the hell is going on?"

Mourinho had later understood that Herrera had noticed anything even the United coach had not remembered.

"It turned out Herrera had taken responsibility in the situation. The reason was that the Mkhitaryan had a yellow card, so if Ajax suddenly put in a counterattack, and the Mkhitaryan had felt the player, he would have been expelled with a 1-0 lead.

In addition to preventing potential disaster in a contradiction, Herreras moves to United Jubilee also led. For the same corner, Mkhitaryan poked United's second scoring in the match.

"Mourinho said he is incredibly pleased to have such players who can handle situations on their own and adjust," says Skogsletten.

Shocked Mourinho

After the Portuguese star trainer had gone through his analysis and thoughts, the students got the opportunity to ask questions. When Petter came to the floor, he put a blow to the United coach.

"It was a little fun because when I asked Mourinho about his season in United you could see that he felt a bit uncomfortable and had to think carefully. He most stressed that he had put a list too high and had to change things so that players could gain even greater confidence. It was his key, says Skogsletten.

The 54-year-old had not concealed that even though he had come to a high prestige club, players did not match the same level.

"He meant that with the club's position in the football world, the playing material did not really satisfy that picture. He saw that it would take some time to build the troop he wants. We'll probably go into a summer window where there can be a lot, "says Skogsletten.

And the students had tried to trick out of Mourinho what they could wait for the gates at Old Trafford this season.

"He would have brought some" fresh blood "into the summer. What he said was that he went out to the market to look for some fresh, fresh blood, and maybe not just young blood that could satisfy his demands, says Skogsletten, who also believes that Mourinho's body language was not going to be wrong.

A must see him personally when he talks about this. He cares and smiles a bit to us when he says such a thing. You soon realize he thinks he must have a better squad.

One of those people already knows that will be found at Old Trafford next season is Victor Lindelöf. On Saturday it became apparent that the Benfica player becomes Manchester United player in a short time.

Fundamentalists

It was regardless of the person Mourinho students got a real insight into. For although many have summed him up as a self-taught type, Mourinho himself is of a different opinion.

"He talked a lot about having gone from being a rigid coach with his own perspective where he would run his own race, to become a more pragmatic trainer adapting to the opponent to a greater extent," says Skogsletten.

Many have often perceived Mourinho as a coach who only wants things done in his own way, but the 54-year-old himself believes he has changed his mind considerably through the coach career.

"We came very well with the term" fundamentalist "and how strong fundamentalist you can be as a football coach, and to your own philosophy. There Mourinho believes that he has changed very, very much since he was younger, explains Skogsletten.

He himself said that he was fresh in the profession and that he now looks back at "young Mourinho" as arrogant. He feels that he has become more open to other perspectives in recent years.

Nevertheless, it is not to be avoided that the Portuguese, to a large extent, emphasizes the results, regardless of whether it should mean a cynical approach.

"He no longer focuses on things to be so complicated or beautiful. Things should be simple, objective, pragmatic and understandable. As long as you get the results you want, he does not see the rest as a problem, says Skogsletten.

The Portuguese adds, on the other hand, to several factors why he has become so successful.

"He talks about how important it is to have an academic background, to understand all of the basic principles in sport, emotions, psychology and soccer skills in general. He believes that this is one of the more important things he has, and is one of the reasons why he has succeeded in football.

But even after almost three decades as a football coach, it's one thing Mourinho still feels on all the time.

"Despite having been in the game for so long, he told him he felt the pressure. He has been working for 27 years and still knows it, says Skogsletten.

Blitzregnet

In any event, it was probably the Skogsletten that felt the most pressure in the first moments of the Portuguese coach legend. On the way to the classroom something seemed unexpected.

"We had been in the classroom earlier this day, but I had to do something crazy about the do. When I finished, Mourinho was the first to meet me in the door. He walked outside the toilet, and I was completely shocked, says Skogsletten.

Thus, Norwegian Petter walked just a few yards behind one of the world's most profited football coaches heading towards the classroom. And shortly thereafter he would have a taste of the attention a person Mourinho receives.

"The entire press corps to Portugal had gathered in the university building, and I stood right behind him. They snap pictures, and I just tried to get away, says Skogsletten, who could reflect on a day of much learning, memories for life and an insight into life waiting for him to get in among the biggest coaches in the world.

"It went from a quiet time to the toilet, to the glimpse of José Mourinho. I had never seen that I should participate!

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/nors...un-oppsummere-han-med-ett-ord/3423347747.html

Smalling ?

• Upvote 3

Not been paying his taxes

• 4 weeks later...