Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young Bape

Do u look down on those less intelligent than u

24 posts in this topic

It seems alot of people tend to be arrogant about it and think they are superior. Not everyone for example has the ability to go to Uni or has the ability to be a lawyer or accountant or whatever. That does not mean they aren't happy. It seem's alot of people don't look at it as a blessing if they are fairly intelligent and look down on those less fortunate to ever work in a certain career or earn a certain wage not through laziness simply because they do not have the capability to 

beg u lay off the weed chattin waffles

I don't, but I do look down on those that make no effort to better their intelligence.

What's the point in doing that?

And I don't get your link between happiness and intelligence.

And money doesn't == happiness or intelligence so working up to a certain job/getting a certain degree wknt necessarily make you happier than you would be in a normal run of the mill job

The creator of Minecraft sold it for $2.5bn. He made a series of tweets this summer complaining that even though he can just party on a yatch or have a mansion with 20 people partying he's never felt more alone in his life

dont really care about intelligence unless its just ridiculous.

common sense though......

Grades/uni isn't a guideline for intelligence though and the only thing that annoys me on the subject is when stupid people think their qualifications make them so..

Amount of people who got a higher English gcse than me because I messed around and they got their parents to do their coursework but can't put together a simple sentence or spell lose as loose makes me sick

The education system is flawed, I read a good study about how the most intelligent people don't do well in school because the school system punishes any 'out of the box' type thinking and just remembering/repeating something someone told you while disregarding your own thoughts on the matter is a sign of low intelligence

I often had debates with the teachers where I was right but it got marked down as disruptive and I got sent out, the teachers repeat what they see in the book and even if there's a better way it doesn't matter, it's either the books way or wrong

2015 humbled me, def not looking down on anyone

The education system is flawed, I read a good study about how the most intelligent people don't do well in school because the school system punishes any 'out of the box' type thinking and just remembering/repeating something someone told you while disregarding your own thoughts on the matter is a sign of low intelligence

I often had debates with the teachers where I was right but it got marked down as disruptive and I got sent out, the teachers repeat what they see in the book and even if there's a better way it doesn't matter, it's either the books way or wrong

All true

2015 humbled me, def not looking down on anyone

facts

I don't

I also don't underestimate other people's intelligence

Unless you're certified as slow you jus gta try harder. It is Not that a person CAN'T do/understand something - it is that they didn't want to, they didn't have the resources or they didn't have the opportunity

I used to

More envious now

No.

But I look down on those who don't try to better themselves.

People who don't acknowledge that they're wrong or people who are happy doing a mediocre job.

I used to

More envious now

No.

But I look down on people who are happy doing a mediocre job

What do you mean by this?

Exactly what he said enni

them people that act dumb are the worst, feelin guilty mvst hav called my bro a thick twat at least 20 times today

No.

But I look down on people who are happy doing a mediocre job

What do you mean by this?

Have to disagree too

Used to think like this, spoke to a guy in my old part-time job during Uni.

He was with the company for 20 years plus. Asked him oneday why had never became a manager or tried to go head office.

Said he just didn't care for it, was happy to do a respectable job consistently and go harm. Obviously convo was more in-depth, but it just opened my eyes to a different perspective on things. 

Sorry, what I was saying was open for misunderstanding. I don't look down on people for the area their work is in / their job titles. 

I mean when people are given a task and just tick boxes rather than doing what would be considered a "good job".

Yh i thought u could be sayin either

I dnt like mediocrity either. The word itself irks me

But i don't think i can look down on anyone. Who am I?

A lot of intelligence goes hand in hand with simply having an area of interest.

So I might know about English History and have nothing to talk about with a Scientist for example, unless you know somebody it would be silly to look down on them as their interests might not have anything to do with their job.

Most people do have atleast 1 area of interest, many probably don't explore it enough but we can learn something from absolutely anybody.

I'd say people turned off to the above, those who think they have nothing to learn are more annoying than the poorly educated.

Think it was Helen Keller who said "The highest result of education is tolerance".

Yh i thought u could be sayin either

I dnt like mediocrity either. The word itself irks me

But i don't think i can look down on anyone. Who am I?

fair enough, I think the term "look down on" isn't nice, maybe I just used it because its what the opening post says

I mean I wouldn't want to say I see them as lesser people I just have a better respect for people in that aspect who are trying to do a better job, but nothing's to say in other aspects they aren't more respectable

I don't, but I do look down on those that make no effort to better their intelligence.

I look down on many people. Many probably look down on me. Divisiveness is what makes the word spin round.