Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grafter

Plant care - indoor or outdoor

18 posts in this topic

Anyone into gardening or have indoor plants?

i got an Orchid as a leaving gift from my job. The team before that gave me a bonsai tree which died (that was my second one to die). Fair enough I had no way of identifying what type of trees they were so couldn't find correct care information

regardless I have a bad track record with indoor plants. I'm gna try my best with this orchid - they are supposed to be hardy and fairly low maintenance. But now im reading about them, its getting a bit leave it

as for out door, i had a basil plant from the supermarket but it was dying inside so i put it outside then the weather changed and it pretty much died, Then someone told me the soil they have in the supermarket ones is notoriously shit

for some reason I feel like it's really important to be able to keep a house plant alive

Any experiences? positive or negative

Bonzai's are notoriously hard to manage. You have to spend a lot of time pruning them is what I understand.

Can you up a pic of the orchard?

Anyone into gardening or have indoor plants?

i got an Orchid as a leaving gift from my job. The team before that gave me a bonsai tree which died (that was my second one to die). Fair enough I had no way of identifying what type of trees they were so couldn't find correct care information

regardless I have a bad track record with indoor plants. I'm gna try my best with this orchid - they are supposed to be hardy and fairly low maintenance. But now im reading about them, its getting a bit leave it

as for out door, i had a basil plant from the supermarket but it was dying inside so i put it outside then the weather changed and it pretty much died, Then someone told me the soil they have in the supermarket ones is notoriously shit

for some reason I feel like it's really important to be able to keep a house plant alive

Any experiences? positive or negative

Them supermarket herbs arent realy meant for keeping, meant to use them and dash. Although if you dash the used roots in the garden in your own soil they sometimes come back to life and grow again.

Best buying seeds/going garden centre for herbs.

Looking to set up a lil herb garden this spring, try get some chillies growing.

2aiik91.jpg

the pack says it likes sun light but not direct sunlight

what does that mean?

not right next to the window? what distance is it supposed to be from sun light

what is indirect sunlight? in the corner not in front of the window? Right now its about 2m from the window

the instructions say to soak the roots in water then drain then thoroughly. how long to soak for?

someone told me the little things that stick out at the bottom should never get wet and I should spray it

my mums had a palm tree for longer than i've been alive - its miraculous

gardening is just not a simple things - its a whole new set of skills

I had a beautiful chinese elm bonsai on my desk at work for a couple years. Adds great feng shui. They need daily attention though, I had to over compensate the watering on Fridays and make up for it Monday morning with a prune and a bit of misting. The need re-potting and root work once a year, and you better have a window seat. Very high maintenance.

I went on holiday for two weeks, come back and my colleagues said "oh I think we over watered it" pmsl the bonsai come like

dead-bonsai-3.jpg

I've got a Bonsai Tree but ain't really looked after it much recently regarding trimming it. Just bang a cup of water into the pot every 2 days or so, and for some reason it does nothing all summer but starts growing out wild during the winter.

Got one of them kitchen window sill basil/coriander tings.

Gonna try plant chilli's in the garden

Know fuck all

Orchids are calm. Ain't even gotta water them too often. Like once a week if that.

Had a bonsai last a few years, left it on the windowsil and it basically froze to death, do want to get another one.

What's the story with the bonsais?

Always wanted a bonsai as a kid, gonna investigate.

What's the story with the bonsais?

Mr miyagi

Yep Karate Kid was the sole reason for me wanting a Bonsai.

this isnt about weed?

vip done changed

Just bought a venus fly trap this week as my first plant.

Hoping it lasts awhile.

Orchids you water once every 8/9 days in winter, in summer around 5 days. You can see whether they need watering by testing the soil, if its moist then its nice

Direct sunlight is when the sun shines on it. Indirect is when it has natural light, not artificial like a light bulb

/

I recently got an Aloe Vera plant for the office and its a little worse for wear, dropped a few times and its pot is a piss take really gotta re-pot it and give it some care

Looking for something to purify the air.