Oscars 2016

User

Haven’t seen concussion but I didn’t really hear anyone hyping up Wills performance in it.

Michael B Jordan was fantastic in Creed but it was an easy role for him to play. Oscar winners and nominees are usually chosen for roles outside comfort zones. Hence Leo being overlooked for a lot of his previous films. Sly took the Rocky character to a whole new dimension so I can see why he’s up for best supporting actor.

Samuel L was great but again it’s a similar role for him, weapon wielding, slightly disturbed angry blackman.

I haven’t saw all the films on show but I’m not surprised none of them man didn’t make it.

Grow up mate,

Not everyday race baiting

Call it race baiting all you want. It's a sarcastic comment at her ridiculous stance. I haven't seen hardly any of the movies to comment on individual performances right now but her mentality is that regardless of performance the nominations should feature people dependent on their ethnicity. She probably wasn't boycotting shit when Denzel, Jamie or Halle won their awards though. She wasn't boycottin shit when no Indian or Chinese got nominated. You should share the same opinion as me to be honest that it should be based on performance and nothing else. And these things are voted on by Academy members themselves, Actors etc. Maybe they should show which individuals voted for who so she can go point the fingers at Leo and call him racist etc if she finds out he never voted for Will Smith.

Nah it's just Gambino on his " Oh here they go again moaning about some type of racial/discrimination issue because they're not getting their way "

It's not sarcasm, it's boring.

And yeh I do believe it should be based on performances, no point shoe horning in a black actor because they feel they have to. Imagine if we get to the point where there had to be atleast one minority from each race had to be nominated, jackie chan up there by default every year.

LOL I'm glad you used that term Boring....... Because that is exactly what her and Spike Lee are doing, moaning again and to every normal person that doesn't give a shit about race it's boring as hell to us too. And that's why I dropped my sarcastic comment.

If there was some kinda ultra racist movement in the Academy to discredit and not acknowledge what non white actors have achieved in their arts Denzel and co wouldn't have won their awards period..... She and others don't need to be trying to rally people against the award show just because the nominations don't suit her own opinion this year. And that's my own opinion whether you agree with it or not. It's like White people saying something retarded like fuck it, let's boycott the BET awards or the NBA.

• Downvote 2

Denzel couldn't be denied anyway though, he was levels above in his prime.. Will smith does good solid films but they're the type of films that would of been good regardless of who the lead actor was

BET awards was a bad comparison considering it stands for BLACK entertainment television and the oscars is general but I see what you mean, imagine there being a WET awards, would cause chaos

Yea it's the comparisons I was seeing made and by some African Americans actually who disagree with her moaning. I'm a big fan of Will Smith, always class him as one of the first people that spring to mind that everyone likes. Don't think I've ever seen him put in an Oscar winning performance in a movie though. But the things I've seen him in are Action movies so I can't express an opinion on his other roles.

LOL I'm glad you used that term Boring....... Because that is exactly what her and Spike Lee are doing, moaning again and to every normal person that doesn't give a shit about race it's boring as hell to us too. And that's why I dropped my sarcastic comment.

If there was some kinda ultra racist movement in the Academy to discredit and not acknowledge what non white actors have achieved in their arts Denzel and co wouldn't have won their awards period..... She and others don't need to be trying to rally people against the award show just because the nominations don't suit her own opinion this year. And that's my own opinion whether you agree with it or not. It's like White people saying something retarded like fuck it, let's boycott the BET awards or the NBA.

By that kinda logic are we right to assume racism is dead in America because they have a black president?

You think? Decent, didn't see anything Oscar worthy there though. I would of thought something like Pursuit of Happyness or Ali might of been his best due to the roles but I've not seen them.

Na not Oscar worthy, that was my point, makes solid movies but nothing outstanding.. He didn't outshine Martin Lawrence in bad boys IMO even though he had the more outshining role

• Upvote 2

BET awards was a bad comparison considering it stands for BLACK entertainment television and the oscars is general but I see what you mean, imagine there being a WET awards, would cause chaos

You know why BET even exists right?

Its because of shit like this, so that WET argument is dead. Its a WET award show all year round.

End of the day film/art should reflect society, and it doesnt.

90% of the academy panel are old white men with an average age of 63. Thats what these oscars have been reflecting. 

But the time for begging for inclusion has long past as jada pointed out.

Fighting for culture and how black people are seen trickles down to the fuckery happening on ground level.

That old aunt viv can sit the fuck down.

Gambino gon Gambino.

• Upvote 2

Its because of sh*t like this, so that WET argument is dead. Its a WET award show all year round.

90% of the academy panel are old white men with an average age of 63. Thats what these oscars have been reflecting. 

Fighting for culture and how black people are seen trickles down to the f*ckery happening on ground level.

That old aunt viv can sit the f*ck down.

Gambino gon Gambino.

Who do you disagree with re the nominations?

Who would you have in?

Its because of sh*t like this, so that WET argument is dead. Its a WET award show all year round.

Fighting for culture and how black people are seen trickles down to the f*ckery happening on ground level.

Gambino gon Gambino.

Who do you disagree with re the nominations?

Who would you have in?

Will Smith doesn't deserve with it with that faux naija accent he forced.

Idris should be up for beast of no nation for sure.

No way should the below be up:

Bryan Cranston – Trumbo
Michael Fassbender – Steve Jobs

Gambino gon Gambino.

And yet somehow these old racist white men still voted Denzel, Jamie and Halle for their awards right.... Oh yea but I forgot they were forced to or had to or some bullshit excuse like that....... Leave it out. Any divisive sh*t, complaining about the amount of whites represented when the countries still something like 77% white. Would you like Jada, Will and Spike to go fund your own award show and the Oscars say fine we only want White actors nominated full stop as a rule of thumb? 

Think its noted that its when black actors play non stereotypical roles for themselves that they seem to be overlooked. Denzel played a corrupt policeman, Halle Berry the widow of a convict, who then fucks the white prison guard who's shedding his racism every time he nuts in her. And Jamie played Ray Charles, black singer playing a black singer. But a Martin Luther King film? air. Its dodgy.