"Hello, Police? I'm about to have sex."

Zizouz

Court says man must tell police if he is going to have sex

Man acquitted of raping woman and subject to interim sexual risk order from North Yorkshire magistrates has to give 24-hour notice before sexual contact

A man has been given a court order to inform police 24 hours before any sexual contact with a woman, despite being cleared of rape.

Magistrates in York said the man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also subject to restrictions online and is required to declare to police any phone he has that is capable of accessing the internet, calling or texting people.

He was acquitted of raping a woman at a retrial in 2015 after claiming that the alleged victim had consented. An interim sexual risk order was granted by magistrates in Northallerton, in North Yorkshire, in December and extended for four months by a court in York.

The order, which was reportedly granted at the request of North Yorkshire police, will expire in May, at which point the force is expected to apply for a full order, which runs for at least two years and can be indefinite.

The BBC reported that the document informs the man: “You must disclose the details of any female including her name, address and date of birth. You must do this at least 24 hours prior to any sexual activity taking place.”

The York Press reported that the man, who is in his 40s, faces a five-year prison term if he breaches the order. The civil order was introduced in English and Welsh law last year and can be handed down by magistrates at the request of police where it is believed that a person who has not been convicted of a sexual crime nevertheless poses a risk to someone else.

crazy times, these are

hope he calls in talking absolute filth to whoever has to take details about his plans for the next night

• Downvote 2

yh i did read it, its on a case by case basis

it could be for behaviour that in a particular context is a risk but in other contexts pretty normal

I didn't copy an paste it because it's too long but just wanted to make sure of the kind of criteria that is necessary. The non exhaustive list of examples is all centred around children and young people

I'm not trolling anyone - this is a government document. I sense people get outraged about these things as I said before because you somehow think it could happen to you. If you are that concerned you would read the guidance

yeah most of it applies to young people which suggests a lot and explains why it would help having the deets of any females he intends to defile