Black man becomes top gear presenter..daily mail response: sh*t on him

Supermalt

Meet the foul-mouthed Jeremy Clarkson wannabe who pretended to have sex with a car: Unknown presenter calls himself the love child of Idris Elba and Jeremy Clarkson and once posed with two shotguns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3442449/Meet-Rory-Reid-foul-mouthed-Jeremy-Clarkson-wannabe-presenting-Gear.html

Rory Reid, a self-styled 'South London boy', got the job by sending in a 30-second audition tape which impressed chief host Chris Evans.

If the video was anything like a 'showreel' he posted on YouTube and his pages on social media, it would have showed Evans that Reid is not afraid to push the boundaries.

Guardian shit on him too tbh

Was gnna make a white privalge post about him and the beyonce protests

But couldnt be bothered

• Upvote 1

Just pick the best people for the job ffs

Always giving out these token passes to try satisfy all races

I'm sure in countries were the majority are a certain race you will see mostly that race on tv, it's not rocket science

How do you know he is not best for the job ?

Guardian sh*t on him too tbh

Was gnna make a white privalge post about him and the beyonce protests

But couldnt be bothered

White privilege myth

The only people that spew that shit are the weak minded frail people who want to blame all there faults on a next race, get a life

• Downvote 2

I'm sure in countries were the majority are a certain race you will see mostly that race on tv, it's not rocket science

He might be but seems a bit dodge he would get a job from a 30 sec audition clip

Like I put just pick the best for the job

Init, if you read the guys background definalty qualified

Posted this in the top gear topic, saw he was a rapper and expected it to be cringe but its pretty decent tbh

• Upvote 1

He might be but seems a bit dodge he would get a job from a 30 sec audition clip

The only previously unknown member of the lineup, which includes The Stig, was revealed to be a member of the public called Rory Reid. The BBC held open auditions for a spot on the presenting lineup, with car journalist Reid winning a place.

“Rory was plucked from the public 30-second video auditions,” said Evans. “He’s knowledgeable, funny cool and warm. That’s not an easy combo. And he’s a brilliant storyteller. His audition stuck out a mile.”

Car reviewer Reid has written for sites including Cnet UK, where he launched the popular Car Tech channel, and as a presenter has appeared on TV shows including Sky1’s Gadget Geeks.

He looks set to bring a distinctive style to Top Gear. A video shows him reviewing a Rolls-Royce Series II using rap – or spoken word poetry.

Seems qualified to me

Sounds like he has the background to justify being on it and no doubt they have tried to purposely diversify it. They are already up against it knowing people won't really buy into it without the original hosts.

As for the Beyonce shit I'm surprised nobody bought that up on here. That Milwaukee Sheriff told it how it is.

The only previously unknown member of the lineup, which includes The Stig, was revealed to be a member of the public called Rory Reid. The BBC held open auditions for a spot on the presenting lineup, with car journalist Reid winning a place.

“Rory was plucked from the public 30-second video auditions,” said Evans. “He’s knowledgeable, funny cool and warm. That’s not an easy combo. And he’s a brilliant storyteller. His audition stuck out a mile.”

Car reviewer Reid has written for sites including Cnet UK, where he launched the popular Car Tech channel, and as a presenter has appeared on TV shows including Sky1’s Gadget Geeks.

He looks set to bring a distinctive style to Top Gear. A video shows him reviewing a Rolls-Royce Series II using rap – or spoken word poetry.

Seems qualified to me

Yeah he does

Seems qualified to me
Yeah he does

:rofl:

• Upvote 2

SMH, Lord Thun, you're starting to let me down with your post. I'm sure everyone had to send a tape. Chris and others may have thought this guys presenting was different and so better than the rest.

Consider this the first strike of 3: You are in danger of making me remove my signature over this.